Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sledding at Trout Lake (day 1)

The first morning that we woke up at Trout Lake the kids were anxious to go play in the snow.  Corey was working, so I was on my own.  It seemed to take forever for this Texas mom to get all 3 kids plus myself into our layers of snow clothes, but we finally made it outside and went to the sled hill that the cousins had made the day before.  (By the time that we made it to the sled hill, they were done sledding, so it was just me and my 3 kiddos huffing & puffing at 10,00o ft. altitude up and down the hill.)  The kids had a lot of fun, and after a few really fast runs down the big hill, we headed back closer to the cabin to find a more kid-friendly (mom flyin' solo) sized hill.

~ Allie going to the sled hill ~
~ Allie Cat ~
The sparkling snow was a million times more beautiful than this in real life.  It literally looked like someone had thrown diamonds onto the snow.  My girl - well, she is beautiful too!
~ Jack ~
~ Jack going to the sled hill ~
(I love this photo of my little man with the big woods behind him!)

~ Jack after a crash & burn ~
(still smilin')

~ Cooper ~
 All of my kids love eating fresh snow.  
Well, I kind of love it too.
~ My Boys ~
They discovered that the plowed snow from the driveway would make a great mini sled hill.
~ Jackson ~
~ Coop ~
~ Happy Jack ~
Then, they discovered that the driveway was just enough of a hill that they could sled on it... and it was a long run!  Perfect.  I love this picture of Jack running up the hill carrying Cooper's and his sled and Cooper running along behind his big brother.
~ Cooper sledding down the driveway ~
~ Sister joining in on the driveway-sledding fun ~
After lots and lots of trekking through the snow and 3 potty breaks with Cooper (Potty breaks in snow clothes are so not the same as potty breaks in regular clothes!), I had a great appreciation for all mountain moms of the world... and a great need for a nap.  No nap was in the cards for me that day, but for those of you that are my Facebook friends... the photo of my bedroom view was taken soon after our outdoor adventures that day.  :)  I did kick off my snow boots, lay on my bed, and look out the windows at the AmAzInG view.  

8 comments:

Emily said...

This looks like so much fun! "Oh what fun it is to ride in no horse or-ange sled. Hey!"

Julie said...

Love all the pictures.
It looks like you had a wonderful trip.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

It looks like so much fun! Love the photos.

Cooper's potty breaks gave me a trip down memory lane. Growing up in Canada, we'd go sledding and no one wanted to take a break to go to the bathroom so we'd just pee in our snowpants. You knew it was time to go home when your pants were frozen solid.

Elizabeth said...

Eeewww on Randi's comment. Amy, what a beautiful place to make memories with your family. I'm so glad you were able to get away.

Sara said...

Yes, I am sure that that was QUITE exhausting but HOW FUN!!! I LOVE it that y'all get to go there! I want to so bad!!! =) I love the pictures!!!

Sara said...

Emily's comment is hilarious!

Sara said...

Randi's is even funnier! GROSS! =) From what I THOUGHT I knew about Randi, I am SHOCKED! =) I guess that shows you how much I know.

Mama Jeannie said...

I am shocked at Randi's comment as well, but it sure made me laugh outloud. hahahahaha Amy, I love this post and I sense the love and enjoyment you have in being with your children so much. You are a great mom! The pics are fabulous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails