Sunday, January 18, 2009

Family Game Night

Friday was a hard day for me... nothing really to share about... it was just hard.  That evening Corey came through the door with grocery bags and flowers... he wanted to make stew and have a family game night.  He's such a good man!

It always enjoy cooking more when he's in the kitchen with me.
He brought me yellow tulips for my otherwise not-very-yellow-day.  
And he left me this message on these cute little clips that he picked up at the store on my desk.  (See my "Happy" blog entry waiting to be posted on the monitor?)
After our delicious dinner of stew and cornbread, we played Cooper's new game that he got for Christmas... Chutes & Ladders.  Corey & I must have played this game 100 times with Allie & Jack when they were his age, and it was fun for all of us to get to play it with him now... all these years later.  Cooper loves that he has his very own game and really enjoyed playing it with the family.  That night he called it "Chutes & Kids" (there are kids on the box), and later the name of the game evolved into "Shoot The Kids".  We think he is hilarious!  


Cooper was the winner!
After a game of Chutes & Ladders Cooper went to bed, and we played Clue with the big kids.  It is fun that we are getting to play some of "our games" with the kids now that they are older.  
On Saturday, we did it all again... "Shoot The Kids" with Cooper and Clue with Jack.  

Amazing how a little family-time, a few board games, and some unconditional love helped me on my not-so-good day.  Thanks Honey!  

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad your hubby helped make your Friday a bit brighter! I love you girl!

Emily said...

I am so thankful that you have a man who does what he can to help out on the not so happy days. I am sorry that you had a hard day. It looks like a great pick me up night. Glad you figured out what "shoot the kids" is!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I love game nights with the family. Shoot the Kids is hilarious!

Sara said...

What a darn good husband! =) I LOVE the tulips! And those little clips and notes are so thoughtful!!! What a fun night! I love the pic of Cooper's hand with the game piece. And "Shoot the Kids"...hilarious!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails