Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Big Ol' Family's Christmas

The last week has been a whirlwind of family fun. The day after Christmas we left home and headed to the Texas panhandle to have Christmas with my grandparents. Then we went on to Colorado for Corey's family's get-together... thus the delay in posts. Today, we returned home, so I will get some posts put together as quickly as I can. I will probably do several small posts instead of one large one. Tonight I am a bit exhausted after the 3 day drive-a-thon from Colorado that I just did (with a sick husband), so it may take me a few days to get caught up. (Sorry Grandad!)

Before we left for our road trip, we had my side of the family to our house on the day after Christmas. Corey and I made breakfast for the bunch, and we all ate and exchanged gifts. Here are the highlights of the chaos... umm, I mean the fun. :)

~ my family ~
When I was a kid, I thought that my family of 6 people was huge. Who knew that we would grow into this... And we are still growing! Right now, we are up to 18 with one on the way. Here's a photo of the whole bunch. It is rare that we are all actually in the same place at the same time, so this was a special day.

~ Poppie & Gibbie with their 8 grandkids ~ This is what it took to get that picture...

~ our individual families ~

Coby & Adrielle's Family

Corey & Amy's Family Beau & Sara's Family Allan & Emily's Family

~ other pictures from our fun time together ~

~ Allie & Emmie ~

~ Jack ~ ~ Cooper, Skyler, Claire, & Asher ~
~ MiMi with The Littles ~
~ my dad & mom ~
~ the shirt! ~ And after all the fun and gifts, this is what we have to say...

Next up, Christmas with the grandparents (and 17 of these 18 crazy people)...

Until tomorrow...

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a fun gathering...love all the grandkids!!!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

How fun. I love the photo of the parents trying to get the kids to smile!

Emily said...

Yeah! You got some great pictures! I will be stealing some of them for my stash. I can't believe how good the family picture turned out. I think that I will have that one turned into a 5x7 and replace the terrible one from Sears from a while back (can you say disporportionate heads anyone?). Glad you are back, see you in a bit.

Jenny said...

What a fun time!! Can't believe how your family has exploded in the past few years!

Sara said...

I concur. Great pictures. I too will be stealing some of them. I like it that you called Chloe and Ainsley "The Littles". And "disproportionate heads anyone". Love ya!

Related Posts with Thumbnails