Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Jack's Medieval Festival

One of the many things that I love about Jack's school is the way that they study history.  In each grade they learn about a different time period and how it relates to the Bible.  They have a festival each year where the kids dress in costumes and present things to the parents from their designated period of history.  Then, the day is always topped off with food and games.  Festival Day is always a big deal for the kids... and to many of the parents.  I love helping with the kids' schools as much as I can.  Today some moms and I were talking, and we figured out that this was my 10th festival to help with.  I think that I get some kind of star in my mommy-crown for that, I am not sure.  Either way - I love school festivals... mostly because it gives me a few minutes to sit back and watch my kids.  Somewhat undistracted.  Every time that I actually stop myself long enough to remind myself to pay attention,  I am a bit overcome with love for my kiddos and disbelief at how time flies.  


~ Jack the Squire ~
(Doesn't he look tough?)
~ me and my boy before school ~
At the festival, Jack had to recite some information that he had memorized about a squire's duties.
Then, the kids did a mini-play.  Jackson played the part of "the old doctor".  He was such a ham!  I have not looked back at the video, but I think that it will be one that we laugh at for years to come.  The boy loves him some audience!
~ taking a bow ~
~ playing games outside ~
(I love this photo - the trees and the shadows... and that sweet little boy!)
~ Corey & me with Jack ~
To see Jack's festival last year, click here.

5 comments:

Sara said...

What a cute kid! And yes, I think you do get a jewel in your crown for being such a great mom! =)

Emily said...

That is one cute squire!

chariti said...

Hey! I like your sweater, where is it from?

Elizabeth said...

What a fun costume! He looks like a sleepy squire. :-)

Mama Jeannie said...

Wish I could have been there, but getting to see the pics helps so much! By the by... I love that sweater too. You look great in red Amos.

Related Posts with Thumbnails