Monday, January 12, 2009

A Niece-y Slumber Party

Last Saturday my niece, Claire, spent the night with our family while her mommy & daddy spent the night away for their anniversary.  It was the first time that she had come over for a slumber party -  the first time that she has spent the night away from home with anyone except grandparents - and she did really well.  When we picked her up, she said over and over, "I'm so excited!  I'm going to sleep at MiMi's house.  This is going to be fun!  I am riding in your car MiMi!  I'm so excited!... and on and on and on.  It was so cute, and I loved how excited she was!  I wondered if she would be quite as excited when it was time to go to sleep that night, but she did really well at that too.  She & Cooper wanted to sleep on an air mattress together - a new experience for both of them, but they loved it!  

I love that she is old enough now to spend more time with us... her baby days are turning into big girl days, and I look forward to more time spent with her at MiMi's house too!   

Claire and Cooper  
She loves playing with our Littlest Pet Shop pets!

8 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

How neat. I wish my nieces and nephews were closer.

Emily said...

I love those pictures. Thank you for letting her hang out with you! I love that she gets to spend time with you guys.

Sara said...

How fun! I'm jealous! I want to leave my kids for the night! =) I'm glad y'all had fun! =)

Elizabeth said...

She's getting so big!!!

Amy said...

I don't do nursing babies overnight... are you crazy, Sara?!?

Charree said...

It looks like they had a wonderful time. What a neat opportunity.

Have a blessed day!
~Charree

Mama Jeannie said...

That is so neat! I wish we ALL lived closer to each other. Times spent together are so precious, aren't they? I loved how excited Claire was too and the things she said. How fun.

Sara said...

My child takes a bottle. =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails