Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Dinner - "the kind where they set the table on fire"

Last night we went to dinner at a hibachi grill and had an impromptu birthday dinner with Skyler.  From the moment that Cooper realized where we were going, he was very concerned about the fire on the table... he vividly remembers it from last June when we took the kids to a special dinner at a similar place.  He wanted to sit in Corey's lap even well before we ordered, and as soon as the chef appeared, he ducked under the table where he spent several minutes on the floor.  Poor little guy!  Finally, after the "big fire" he was brave enough to join the rest of us for dinner.
~ the birthday girl ~
~ baby sister, Chloe Grace ~
(She just had a birthday too!  I can't believe that she is one!)
~ Allie & Jack waiting to order ~
~ Cooper hanging out in Daddy's safe lap ~
~ Our chef, Honda, with the onion volcano ~
~ Cooper eating with chopsticks ~
~ MiMi & Skyler ~
I love it when they both crawl up in my lap!
~ Adrielle, Chloe, & Coby ~
~ singing Happy Birthday to Sky ~
(They brought her fried bananas, and they seemed to be a hit!)
All the kids had ice cream after dinner.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Wish that we could have made it, looks like a great time!

Rebecca Read said...

So fun! Those little girls are just too precious!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

So cute! I'm glad you posted again ... I couldn't see one of your earlier posts. What is with my computer and yours??

Courtney said...

Clinton is scared to death of those! The last time we took him he screamed and cried and shook until I took him outside. Every time I would try to take him in he'd start yelling, "Nooooo!" So sad!

I'll be glad when he outgrows that...I love those places!

Sounds like Cooper can handle it a little better!

Jenny said...

Oh, Carter runs out of the room when the hibachi guy starts to make the volcano of fire. Caleb loves it. Must be an age thing!

Mama Jeannie said...

How fun! I wanna go there and my birthday is coming up you know. ha-ha Looks like you all had a wonderful time and our little Skyler was treated to so many special birthday moments. Love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails