Monday, May 11, 2009

A Family Wedding

On Saturday night our nephew, Nick, married a beautiful young lady named Ella. Corey and I made a date night of it and went to the wedding sans kids. The ceremony was beautiful. It was held in The Old Rock Church (as it is known to us) in a Norse community near the town that Corey & I grew up in. The church was built in 1886 and is simple and beautiful.


church photos by Isgren Potography

After the ceremony, we went to a nearby ranch for the reception.  We took some photos, relaxed, and visited as we waited for Nick and Ella to arrive.  The weather could not have been more perfect, and the view was amazing.  If I could have a place like this,  I might be tempted to turn this city-girl right back into a country-girl and move back to my little hometown of 1500 people.  (It was 1300 when we lived there.)

By the time that bride and groom arrived at the reception, it was almost dark.  We ate a delicious dinner then they shared a first dance by the pool.  They looked so happy and beautiful.

Here's wishing you many, many years of happiness Nick & Ella.  We love you.

5 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

What a gorgeous spot for a wedding!

Emily said...

That looks like a beautiful wedding evening. Who's ranch was that?

Amanda said...

What a beautiful location for a wedding and reception. As usual, gorgeous photos.

Also, I want to point out that your usage of the French language did not go unnoticed. I appreciate a little correctly used French in unexpected places from time to time. It makes me happy. :)

Mama Jeannie said...

French? Where? Beautiful place and beautiful photos Amy. I could live in a place like that too. So peaceful that far out away from any highway I'm sure. Kinda like "The Place". Loved the view, but I'm sure it was even more amazing in real life. Nick and Ella are a gorgeous couple!

Corey Powell said...

So Amanda, I take it that you loved the movie "Southern Comfort"?

Related Posts with Thumbnails