Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

This was a great Mother's Day for me - maybe the best so far.  My family - my husband in particular - know how to make me feel very loved and appreciated, and I am so thankful for them!  

The day started off with a little boy snoring in my ear... but he tried to sneak out of my bed quietly once he woke up to let me sleep in.  I never got back to sleep, but I stayed in my bed and read... I had a feeling that breakfast in bed was on its way, so I wanted to be in the right place when it arrived.  Sure enough, a quartet of my favorite people on earth came through the bedroom door a while later singing Happy Mother's Day To You (to the tune of The Happy Birthday Song) as they delivered my favorite bagel and coffee.  A little later, an omelette, bacon, and juice were delivered by the best chef in town, Corey.  After my late breakfast I read some more then took a nap.  When I woke up, I received some special homemade cards from the kids, a cross for my collection on the wall, and a purse. 
After I opened my gifts, we got dressed and headed to a nearby town for Allie & Jack's art show. They have been taking lessons this semester, and I am really impressed with all they have learned. 

~ Allie with her paintings of space and of flowers ~
~ Jack with his painting of space, his self-portrait, and his painting of nature ~
After the art show we drove around the town for a bit.  We drive through this city often, but we have never explored their downtown area before.  It is so quaint... a lovely discovery that we plan to visit again soon.  We ate dinner at an English pub on the square then we took a walk around the courthouse.
I adore these kids.  Really!  There is nothing else on earth that I want to do besides be their mommy!  While I am so thankful for a day to be pampered, I would work every day of the year to take care of these 3 that I have been given.  God wasn't kidding when he said that children are a blessing!  Sometimes I am actually amazed that I get to be their mom!

~ Corey's artistic photo of our feet ~
(I love it!)

After our walk around the courthouse, we went to an old-fashioned ice cream shop.




After our outing, we came home and watched the season finale of Amazing Race, Corey & Allie built a volcano, and we called it a night. (Well, they all called it a night. I am still sitting here catching up the blog... which I am so excited about doing.)  It has been a wonderful day!  I have been reminded again how incredibly blessed I am to have the family that I do and am more thankful than ever for this job that I have that has allowed me to be celebrated today.  I am a mom!

Thank you Corey for making me feel loved and appreciated today.  I love you!

7 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

What a great day. I absolutely love that close-up picture of you with the kids.

This is so weird: I had no idea tht Allie was taking art lessons or that she had a show yesterday and last night I had a dream that I bought a painting from her. :)

chelsea rose said...

ahhh...so sweet. I love Beth Marie's ice cream. It's one of my favorite spots from when I was going to UNT. The kids art work is really nice.

Kathy said...

What a sweet, fun day!!!! You have a beautiful family!

Rebecca Read said...

Looks like you had a fantastic day!!! Happy Belated Mother's Day to you! Also, I'm VERY impressed with Jack's self portrait!!

Emily said...

That does sound like a great day! Their art was really good. I want to go to that ice cream shop sometime. Glad you had the perfect Mother's Day.

Mama Jeannie said...

Precious mommy thoughts. I could feel what you were feeling through your words and because my own mommy remembrances from when you were growing up. I'm so thankful you had such a great Mother's Day Amy. Yes, you are so correct when you say that we have the greatest occupation/career/ministry ever, in being a mom. The absolute most rewarding thing in life I believe.

Corey Powell said...

So Randi, we have many lovely pieces available. Call for an appointment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails