Thursday, May 28, 2009

What A Difference A Year Makes


The screen saver on my computer is a slide show of all of the photos that are stored on it.  This morning a picture of Itty Bitty Chloe came up, and I had to compare it to the most recent one that I have of her.  Chloe's first birthday was the day after I got home from Mexico, and I didn't say a bloggy Happy Birthday to her then... so here's your official Bloggy Birthday Wish, Baby! 

Chloe Grace, 

I had the privilege of coming to stay with your family to help take care of you in the days after you were born.  It was a special time that I will always hold close to my heart.  Every day that I was at your house, you and I slept in the recliner for the first few hours of the night while your mommy & daddy power-slept.  It was therapeutic for me snuggle you, inhale your baby-smell, and hold you as you slept.  I began to love you during those middle of the night sleeps in a special way.  You are turning into a sweet little girl.  A quiet, peaceful soul that knows how to throw a hilarious little fit when you really need to.  I have loved watching you grow during the last year, and I love you, Chlo!

xoxoxo, 
MiMi

4 comments:

Mama Jeannie said...

Amy, that is beyond precious! Chlo-Chlo is so blessed to have you as her Aunt. I love you sweet girl.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

She's such a cutie!

Sara said...

Pretty Baby! I can't BELIEVE that she's a YEAR old already!!!!!!

Adrielle said...

Amy, that is so precious!! Oh, the memories of that time. THANK YOU AGAIN for laying down your life to be with me during those first few weeks. I loved watching you love Chloe Grace, and I felt the unconditional love you had for me. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails