Sunday, May 31, 2009

Expecting Baby Jacob

Sometime in the next 11 days my newest nephew, Jacob Allan, will enter the world, and I can't wait to meet him.  Today I went to my sister Emily's house and took pictures of her very pregnant tummy and her happy little family to document this special time in their lives.  

There is something so precious to me about taking maternity photos.  Having been pregnant to this point only 3 times and realizing now that I am probably beyond that stage of life forever, I wish that I could live it all again.  I wish that I could have realized how incredibly miraculous it was. I wish that I could have absorbed it.  Frozen it.  Appreciated it even more than I did. Maybe all women feel like this once this amazing stage in their lives has passed.  So in taking these pictures for my sister, I hope that I have helped her to preserve this little moment in the span of her life forever.  

~ Emily ~
my beautiful sister and friend expecting her second baby, first son, very soon



~ Allan & Emily ~
Jacob's parents


~ the happy family ~



~ Big Sister, Claire ~
~ the proud parents ~


~ waiting in Jacob's nursery ~




~ Em in her room ~

11 comments:

Alicia said...

WOW!! You are AWESOME and she is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love them all...my favorite is Claire hugging baby Jacob...then again the picture in the mirror...ok so I love them all!

Emily said...

Thanks again! they really did turn out great. I have started giving myself a pep talk everyday to just enjoy this phase because once it is over it is over and I know I will miss it.

amy said...

Absolutely beautiful...

Amanda said...

Absolutely beautiful photos, Amy. I don't know if you could have found a more lovely or more appreciative subject -- Emily knows just how blessed she is and that makes her even more extraordinary. What a wonderful gift to her.

Rebecca Read said...

Great pictures Amy! I like the one of the two of them looking at each other with Jacob's name in the background! You are so good!

Amy said...

Thanks! Yall are sweet.

Casey J said...

Amy- I'm SO with you! Being only 11 weeks post, I'm already missing the miracle of my pregnancy, delivery, and first moments of my little guy. It is a beautiful thing. I know you will enjoy your new nephew once he arrives!

Sarah said...

Amy, you are incredibly gifted and talented. Your pictures are amazing!!!!!!!!!

Sara said...

You did an amazing job! I love them!

Stacy said...

What beautiful shots! You have such a great family. Hope to see pictures of Jacob soon!

Mama Jeannie said...

Again.... what a precious and creatve gift God has given you to capture the stories of people's lives. Surely,He will turn this generosity back to you in a hundred fold blessing that you cannot contain.

Related Posts with Thumbnails