Thursday, January 21, 2010

Catching Up November: Asher's Football Party

The day after Thanksgiving our family celebrated my nephew Asher's 3rd birthday. He had a "football party" and being the family of a football coach, we had the perfect place to celebrate him... a football field! We put on as many jerseys as we could find and the party began....


~ the birthday boy with his dad & mom ~
Ainsley got in on the football action.
In my hustle and bustle to get to Asher's party I forgot my camera, so Corey ran to get it. I was so sad not to capture the first part of the party.... it was really cute! First, my brother led everyone in some stretches. Then, the kids (and an aunt or 2) ran a relay which involved running with a football helmet on. So funny! Next, we all ran down the field to play some games by the goal post. The first one was "throw the football through the tire", (I totally just made that name up. Can you tell? ;) ) and then they all swung at a pinata and collected candy.
~ Cooper loving the football party ~
~ pinata time ~
~ the kids trying to gather more candy than Uncle Allan ~
... and then it was time for cake.
(Doesn't he look so cute and excited?!?)
The bench was the perfect place to eat cake.
Next, Asher opened his gifts. This sword was part of the pirate dress-up stuff that we gave him. I think he looks so cute (and serious) in this photo!
~ jersey girls ~
~ water boy ~
~ team captain ~
(Jack, the oldest boy cousin)
When the party was over, Poppie drove everyone around the field in his truck, so they could clean up the equipment. (The kids loved this part!)
Happy Birthday, AshMan! I love you!!!
(and good job on hosting a fun party, Sara!)

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

What a fun place to have the party. I love the water boy!

Julie said...

Tell your sis that the party idea is brilliant! I think I might need to steal that idea. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails