Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My New Toy

I love my iPhone.

Anyone that knows me very well, knows that. It was an unexpected Christmas gift from Corey in 2008 - something that I had not asked for or even thought that I wanted. But Corey knew something I didn't know, and he upgraded my old phone that I didn't have Internet service on and hardly ever texted on to an iPhone... and I have LOVED it! I, of course, like it for the phone... but I also love the way that I stay "connected" (in the 2010ish sort of way) through all my apps... email, Facebook, Twitter. I also love the convenience of having a GPS with me at all times... I actually use it a lot! And I, along with my kids, love the games. I have become the master of my favorite game Tetris when I am sleepless at night and the kids love all sorts of games... their new fave is playing crossword puzzles. But one of my favorite things about my phone is that I always have a camera with me. No, it doesn't take fabulous photos like my "big camera"can, but it does okay... especailly when there is plenty of light. And something that I like even more than the camera are the apps that I have downloaded to make "playing" with my photos even more fun. I have one called CameraBag that has several options and one called CropForFree that I love. And now I have a new favorite! Yesterday I downloaded an app called Hipstamatic (like the camera from 1982), and I have been having a lot of fun with it tonight. It takes really cool photos... I love the vintage look of them! The app has a few lenses that you can "change" and even some more that you can buy, but so far I have only used one. Here are a few of my favorite pictures so far:




I went looking on the Internet for the history of the original Hipstamatic camera (because I can't remember the camera at all), and I found this interesting information:



Founders: Bruce and Winston Dorbowski
Founded: November 1982 (Unofficially, as in no lawyers)
Location: Merrill, Wisconsin, USA

The Idea:
Bring people a camera that cost less than the film. Bruce had a Russian plastic camera that our father gave him as a Christmas gift in 1972. The camera had since broke and was no longer being made or sold, at least anywhere he could find it. So Bruce and Winston came up with a plan to recreate something similar. Winston had fallen in love with his Kodak Instamatic and that was the start of the Hipstamatic.

Camera Specs
Model: 100
Material: Plastic Body, Plastic Lens
Produced: 1982-84
Type: View finder camera
Lens: Hipsta A1
Film: 35mm
Picture Size: 28mm x 28mm
Original Cost: $8.25
Focus: Automatic
Aperture: 2.8
Flash: hot shoe

Do you remember this camera from the '80s?

Do you have any cool camera apps for your iPhone (if you have an iPhone)?

What other apps do you like to use?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails