Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Bedtime Blog

Tonight Corey fixed up an old laptop for me, so I am blogging from the comfort of my bed. Ahhh... I think I have reached a new level of bloghood. I don't really have anything great to blog about right now, but I want to have this experience of Bed Bloggin', so here are my random thoughts...

- Today Cooper heard a loud sound outside and said, "Dunther!" "Is it going to rain?"
- I LOVE baby words!
- My kids had their last basketball practices tonight, and I am sad that the season is drawing to an end. Their teams are full of friends... so practices and games are fun social outings for me in addition to getting to see my kids play my favorite sport.
- I TRIPLE LOVE the TV show The Office. The theme song, Michael Scott trying to be funny but not being funny is hilarious, reruns are just as great as the first time, Pam & Jim's love story. All of it. I love it all.
- I saw my niece Claire today. She is adoreable!
- She calls Cooper "Pooper".
- 2 squirels ran in front of my car on my way to take the kids to school this morning.
- One got lucky. One did not. Allie & I screamed bloody murder... literally.
- Cooper pretended to be a squirel for the rest of the morning... his cereal was "squirel food"... that was disturbing to the big kids and me.
- Corey brought me a single red rose last night. I LOVED it!
- I made a huge decision last week and actually feel peaceful about it.
- Tuesday is Family Night at Chic-Fil-A.
- We love free food, and we love Chic-Fil-A.
- One time an old lady customer-service person at the mall called that restaraunt Chic-A-Fil to me.
- I still call it that sometimes. It makes me laugh.
- I wish that people that read my blog would comment, so I would know who is reading my blog.
- I am terrified to know who is reading my blog.
- It is a bit too dark to blog in my bed tonight... my lamp needs a new bulb.
- The space bar on this computer sticks. That makes me frustrated!
- I am giddy that I am going to get a new niece or nephew.
- I wish that I was pregnant too.
- My sister acknowledged that, and that makes me love her even more.
- The Super Bowl was awesome! I LOVED watching it.
- My house is still a mess from our Super Bowl party. 
- I despise cold sores.
- I get cold sores a lot.
- It was warm this morning. My kids didn't even wear jackets to school.
- Tonight it was FREEZING cold.
- I was still wearing my flip-flops and my new t-shirt that my sister gave me, and I was really cold.
- I love my king size bed!
- I want new bedding.
- Corey & I slept in a double bed for the first 8 years we were married.
- Sometimes we had 2 kids in that double bed with us.
- Did I mention that I love my king size bed?
- I even love it when there are 3 kids in it with me.
- It is after 1am, and I am really tired.
- I think that I am ready to go to sleep.
- Goonight!

13 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I read your blog sweet one. :-) Love your beddy blog and the thoughts of your heart, and you. :-)

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I agree ... comments are great! I always find it interesting to see which posts draw the most comments. This was a fun post to read ... a little view into the mind of Amy!

Emily said...

I am commenting

Amy said...

Okay! Okay! I know that you read my blog. I am talking about "the others".

Sara said...

Fun post! I like your random thoughts. =) Love ya!!!

Amanda said...

I read your blog religiously -- it's at the top of my list, literally. I love your writing, I love your deep love for your children, I love how you love your husband and family, and I love how you recognize even the most overlookable (I'm pretty sure that's not a word) blessings found in your every day.

I'm proud of you for making a big decision, whatever it is. Please know that I intend to harass you mercilessly until you let me in on it.

I'm sorry you're not pregnant. When I read your first hinting blog, I was hoping you'd follow with some news. When it was news for your sister and not for you, I was excited for her, but disappointed for you. I know you wish things were different. I wish the same for you.

I love the name Pooper, and hope it sticks around for a long time.

Also, I love your random list posts. Like Randi, I love the peek into the miscellanousness that is your mind.

Emily said...

OOOOOO "The Others" I think they are LOST and busy with Jack and Kate. If they ever do comment on your blog that will be coolest thing ever.

I am just being a J-Hole as Allan calls it. I am all about the commenting of random readers (I know they are out there).

I too am sorry about the pregnant vs. not being pregnant issue. I wish that it were different. I have actually already been praying for you that this next season of procreation will not be too hard on you.

I LOVED this post. Random thoughts for random readers is the way to go every once in awhile. I love you sista! Thank you for hanging out with us yesterday.

Anonymous said...

I'm here, too- lurking away. :-)

gwsas4 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gwsas4 said...

Yes, that is me. Actually, it was me. My husband & I are now worship leaders at another church here in the same city since the end of August. You're quick to respond! :o)

gwsas4 said...

Hey - I removed that first comment kuz I realized that I used last names & that makes me uncomfortable. ;o)

Sarah said...

Hey Amy - I just started reading your blog not too long ago - I linked from Emily's blog!!!!!! I really enjoy reading your blog - I LOVE the way you write! I have been meaning to comment on other posts but just never got around to doing so. I will no longer be a "silent" lurker!!!

Jami said...

Hi Amy - delurking at your request :) Found your blog through Emily's (which I found through Sara's) and I always enjoy seeing your new entries pop up on my Google Reader. You've got a gift with words and are a great inspiration to this new mama. Take care and keep up on bloggin!

Related Posts with Thumbnails