Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Weakness, Strength, Contentment, & Change

But [God] said to me, 
‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ 
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10

We are moving.  There have been more ups and downs this week than I have ever experienced in my life.  There have been more emotions and feelings than I have ever dealt with in such a short period of time.  I am tired and overwhelmed and weak, and in some strange way I feel stronger, at more peace, and more provided for from my Heavenly Father than ever before.  I probably won't share a lot of the details here... but this scripture and this quote that I found this morning say it all.  There is a reason.  For all of it.  There is a reason that finding contentment was my personal goal since the beginning of the new year.  A reason that Corey and I got to go away an fortify our relationship the weekend before everything broke loose.  A reason that we have been surrounded by stories of hardships that make us thankful for ours.  A reason.

“God never place us in any position in which we can not grow. We may fancy that He does. We may fear we are so impeded by fretting, petty cares that we are gaining nothing; but when we are not sending any branches upward, we may be sending roots downward. Perhaps in the time of our humiliation, when everything seems a failure, we are making the best kind of progress.”
Elizabeth Prentiss

8 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I'm so glad that you're hanging in there in the midst of a really hard week. Thinking of you.

Amanda said...

I wish life were easier and more understandable. I wish for you that change wasn't a part of your week, or your year, or at all. Because it is, I'm so glad to see the grace and mercy that's been made available to you, even before you knew you needed it.

I'm also thinking of you, and praying for you still...

Elizabeth said...

Sweet one, I love God's perfect timing and beautiful provision through all of the struggle. He's showing you His love girl.

See you in a bit...

Sara said...

I, too, hate it that this is so hard...but I will agree that God's hand is definitely evident through it all! I love you!

Emily said...

Love the verse, love the quote! I am so tahnkful that you were being prepared in the days that led up to your world shifting. I know that you feel like you are on a roller coaster, but you really seem to be handling life so much better at this very moment than I thought you would...I am proud of you! I love you!

krista said...

thank you for your words of encouragement to me, spoken through a hard time for you. hang in there. i have a feeling you & i are living in a somewhat parallel world right now. we too are on the brink of moving and searching for a new "home".

Mama Jeannie said...

How beautiful is the Lord living through your life Amy. He makes impossible situations not only possible but filled with His glory. I love you.

Amanda said...

It's official -- Verizon stinks. Miss seeing you on here...

Related Posts with Thumbnails