Friday, February 1, 2008

The Best Thing About My Day

My phone rang today as I was doing school with Jack.  Often, I don't answer the phone during school time, but today I did as we were about to wrap-up anyway.  When I said, "Hello" I heard my Grandad's voice, and it made my day.  He said he was thinking about me and just called to say hi... that is truly a treat.  He told me how he likes to read my blog, and it made me feel so happy. Who would think that my sweet, old Grandad and I would connect in this cyber way.  But I love it!  Then, I talked to my Grandma.  Just hearing her voice brings me comfort.  I have this relationship with her, as an adult, that I adore.  We don't talk that often, but when I see her I connect with her.  She and I have shared some life experiences, and that commonality connects me to her in a way that I cannot describe.  The first time that I saw her after she started reading my blog she said, "I like reading your blog.  I think we are a lot alike."  I think we are too.

I love you Grandma & Grandad... and I think of you sitting in your office reading my blog - connecting to me in that way - every time that I write.  Do you still have that adding machine that I loved as a child sitting on your desk?  Thanks for calling today!  XOXOX   

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow, makes me really miss my grandparents...I'm so glad you have yours! And a sweet relationship too. What a blessing!

Hope things go well this weekend!

Corey Powell said...

Why does Grandad never call for me?

Amanda said...

Why doesn't he call me? I could use a Grandad call from time to time.

Sara said...

I loved that adding machine too!!! =) And I love that they read our blogs...and I LOVE talking to them on the phone too - even though we don't do that very much. It makes me want to call them. I know what you mean about Grandma's voice bringing you comfort. I love 'em to pieces!!!

Mama Jeannie said...

Well I'll be darned. I missed this sweet bog entry as well. I must've faded out for a few weeks or something. I'm sitting here searching for when Allan and Emily took the kids to Austin via SW Airlines. Still haven't found that one, but I've sure hit upon a few other hidden treasures. I'm so glad that you are getting to connect with your Gma and Gdad through blogging as well. That is so special.

Related Posts with Thumbnails