Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My Girl's Ears

Allie has battled an ear infection since before Christmas.  Today we went to a new pediatrician and got yet another prescription for antibiotics.  Knowing that the last prescription was $295, I decided to call around to see what the price difference between stores is...

Wal Mart 282.80
Walgreens 227.99
CVS 205.99
Tom Thumb 199.20
Kroger 162.00
Target 135.49

Crazy!!!

I'm off to Target.

***Update: Target quoted the wrong price to me... twice.  So, although I had spent an hour calling around to all the pharmacies and another hour waiting for the prescription to be filled at Target tonight... I am still without drugs.  Arrgh!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow! That's an amazing difference! You know, many stores will price match. I wonder if you still have your receipt for the last prescription, if you took it back to the store with the new price from Target if they would price match. On merchandise, some stores allow a 30-90 day window of matching. Just a thought...

Amanda said...

Oh, and sorry Allie's ears are still bothering her. Not fun at all. I got caught up in your numbers and failed to acknowledge what was most important... :)

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Poor Allie ... I can't believe you're still dealing with this. Hope this time works!

Mama Jeannie said...

Oh my goodness! Our poor Allie! Do you have her medicine now? Tell her I am praying. I'll call you. Shouldn't the act of charging sick people that exhorbitant amount of money be something like... hmmmmmm... criminal behavior perhaps, and for Pete's sake!?

Elizabeth said...

Oh Amy, I'm so sorry...on both ends. The pain and the cost. Has anyone mentioned tubes for her? I know Addi had tubes several times, the last as a teenager. Praying for quick healing. Love you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails