Monday, February 4, 2008

Jack's SUPER Football Party

It's official.  Today my little guy turned eight.  Eight!  I wasn't sure how we would pull this birthday off after the week that we has last week, but we did... and it was a success! (thanks to a family that includes a couple of personal shoppers and right-hand-man party preparer)  Our family is a little crazy about our kids, and their birthdays, and family, and getting together, and football... and since all of that happened on one weekend, it was super-full... which will require several blog entries, I am sure. First things first...

The Party

With Jack's birthday being the day after Super Bowl Sunday this year coupled with his love of football, it seemed perfect to have a football birthday party. It was a bit risky to plan an outdoor birthday party on Super Bowl Sunday... in February (It has snowed before on Jack's birthday.), but the weather could not have been better and we had great attendance. We met at a middle school's football field near our house, and the boys played an hour of flag-football. ((Party Tip: Running around for an hour... the key to success for an 8-year-old boy's birthday party.)) Corey and my brother each coached a team and my dad refereed the game. Jack was so elated to have a "real" ref! (Thanks Dad!) All of my side of the family plus a few guests were there to cheer the boys on. (Thanks yall for being so involved in my kids' lives and loving them to pieces!)

The birthday boy warming up

Corey's team in the huddle

Jack concentrating on a good run

Poppie - the best ref out there

Coach Uncle Coby - excited after his team made a touchdown

Sassy - one of the many cheerleaders

Cooper was worn out after the game. Thankfully he has a great big sis' to snuggle up to.

Jack with his football cake

The "piranas" picking up candy after the pinata broke

The grand finale - opening gifts. Jack is so blessed to have friends to celebrate his birthday with.

More birthday fun to come... stay tuned. Got to go love on the birthday boy right now.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yeah!!! Happy Birthday Jack!!! What a fun looking party. Glad it all went well. Can't wait to read more!

Amanda said...

Oh, it looks like so much fun. Sorry we missed it.

Emily said...

It was another great party!!! I am so glad that you have gone before me in planning parties, I am sure that I will use your ideas in the next few years.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Happy Birthday, Jack! Looked like a great party! I'm so glad you all were better by the time it arrived. I can't believe how grown-up Jack looks!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Jack! Can't believe you're 8! I remember when you were in your mommy's belly! Glad the weather was perfect for a football game!

Related Posts with Thumbnails