Monday, February 18, 2008

Coming At Me From All Directions

Early this morning I had a moment... I was reading this blog that I loveShe was reiterating some things from a sermon that she had heard, and this was part of her notes... 

"People who hurt us don't always intend to hurt us -- they were never even thinking of us... they were thinking about themselves, their lives, just them."

"Something we forget to thank God for is this: side by side with the very real wounds from others, God sends those who are encouragers - who hold you up with the Word of God - often times those whom you would least expect... or maybe those who have always been there by your side and you've taken their love for granted! It is easy to verbalize about those who have wounded your heart, but in the meantime minimize those who love you so much!"

"What ever people do to you does a whole lot less damage than the damage of focusing on what they've done. Don't chew on the offense - spit it out! 

It's sick to taste, and worse to chew, and damaging to swallow... Pray and pray and pray for those who despitefully use you. I'm not saying here to move back into those abusive or damaging relationships. Jesus was back in fellowship with the disciples who betrayed him because they saw their sin and were moved in repentance - broken in their hearts over their betrayal -- Judas was never restored to Jesus - there was no brokenness and no repentance...

Move forward, away and past them. But don't let moving on keep you from praying for them. Stay focused on the goodness of God! Move forward and never loose hope in what God can do! Make it a daily part of your life to forgive and move on. It is daily. Never think it is a one time action. Don't chew each day on the remembered offense, spit it out when it is remembered and forgive once again..."

This came after some thoughts that had been sparked in me over the weekend at the conference and a long conversation that Corey and I had yesterday about praying for those that hurt us.  I didn't even know that I needed to hear all of this right now, but it is evident that I did.  It is so neat how God brings a message to me in the most beautifully orchestrated way.  From many directions He chases me down and captivates me.  

2 comments:

Mama Jeannie said...

What a beautiful word of encouragment Amy! I think we all need to hear that message at different times in our lives. Being hurt and needing grace to get past it is common to the whole human race, isn't it? Thank you for sharing this.

Mama Jeannie said...

I didn't see a place to comment on your latest blog entry for some reason, so I'm sending my comment to you on this one. I love that scripture passage as well and feel encouraged in God's provision and purpose when I read it. Thank you for reminding us today sweet girl.

Related Posts with Thumbnails