Monday, September 22, 2008

Adding Another Sweet Baby To The Clan

Last Wednesday Allie, Cooper, and I jumped in a van with my sister-in-law and headed to Oklahoma, so we could all be a part of a big family event the next day... the birth day of grandbaby #8, Ainsley Grace.  My family is so crazy!  I don't think that I know of another one out there that will all load up and head to another state with all of their little kids to be a part of every birth that their big ol' family has.  There are 18 of us now, and 15 of us were at hospital on Thursday as we all awaited the arrival of Ainsley.  We all came prepared with coloring books, toys, stickers, DVDs, snacks, magazines, books, and as much patience & endurance as we could all muster up.  While my sister, Sara, and her husband, Beau, were busy bringing a baby into the world, we all took turns refereeing & entertaining kids in the waiting room and visiting Sara in the labor & delivery room.  (My dad, brother, and sister-in-law get super-kudos for spending more time in the waiting room than the labor room.  Thank you!)


After 12 hours of labor with an epidural that didn't work quite right (again), Sara gave birth to a beautiful, perfect baby girl.  I am so proud of her!  Ainsley Grace was born at 6:30pm on September 18th.  She weighed 8 lbs. 7 oz. and was 21 " long.  Every once in a while we could see glimpses of Asher in the way that she looked, but mostly she just looks like a dainty little girl.

~ Asher & Poppie waiting in the hall to meet Ainsley ~
~ Beau showing Asher his new baby sister for the first time ~
~ family of 4 ~
There were several cameras being used during this time, and I did not get one picture where everyone was looking at the camera, but I love the looks on Sara's and Asher's faces as they looked at each other and laughed in this one.  So happy!  
~ Poppie & Gibbie with grandbaby #8 ~
~ Uncle Coby & Ainsley ~
~ Aunt Adrielle & Ainsley ~
~ Allie & MiMi with Ainsley ~
~ Emmie & Ainsley ~
~ Cooper seeing Ainsley Grace for the first time ~
(the next day)
~ my newest niece and me ~
(Notice the cute hair bow.  :)  I had to make sure that she had one... they are my favorite!)
~ the oldest grandchild and the youngest ~
~ Ainsley Grace through the isolette ~
~ Cooper looking at his new cousin ~


~ Ainsley with rose petals from the roses that all of the brothers and sisters gave Sara ~
~ my beautiful sister and her baby girl ~
~ Beau and Sara with their new addition at home ~
~ resting with a newborn on my chest... a piece of heaven ~

~ I think that this one is my favorite... although it is very hard to choose. ~
~ Allie & Ainsley ~
~ Asher playing This Little Piggy with Ainsley (and Mommy & Gibbie) ~
~ Asher with his new baby sister ~
~ a quick peek at her pretty eyes ~
~ Happy Asher ~
 

8 comments:

Emily said...

Holy Cow, you have some good pics. I am fixing to start downloading mine.

Jami said...

Your family bond is really a neat thing! What great pics - I love the one of your Allie and sweet Ainsley. Congratulations on your new niece.

Jenny said...

Love the pics! So happy for Sara and Beau!

chariti said...

oh my goodness, she's beautiful. I love the hair bow - you're a GREAT aunt.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Those photos are beautiful. Sara and Beau look so happy ... and Sara looks absolutely gorgeous in every photo!

Elizabeth said...

She is beautiful! Great photos Amy.

Stacy said...

Love all the pics...she is so precious! So happy for your whole family!

Mama Jeannie said...

Amy, your photography gift once agains tells such a beautiful story. Thank you for always making the special events within the lives of our family more easily etched into our our memories for a lifetime. I love you and Emily for journaling and documenting with pictures all our fun and meaningful times together.

Related Posts with Thumbnails