Thursday, September 11, 2008

Daddy (According to the Boys)

Jack and I were studying history together the other day, and we were reading about monks and monasteries and were writing their definitions down.  When we got to monks, the history card said that they were men that committed their life to prayer and reading the Bible.  Jack said, "So?  Daddy is pretty much a monk, huh?"  

That's a pretty good impression you've made on your boy, Corey.    

Later that day, Cooper and I were playing together in his room.  I picked up this stuffed bird and said, "What's his name?"  Without skipping a beat, Cooper said, "Daddy!"


5 comments:

Emily said...

I LOVE this post! You have a good monk on your hands!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Wow. Jack's comment about Corey is awesome ... every parent would love to hear that said from their child.

Elizabeth said...

Sweet Corey - he encompasses it all...a clucky bird, and a godly monk. Who could ask for more? :-)

Seriously, that's incredible what Jack said. The best compliment ever.

Mama Jeannie said...

Love it! You guys are doing a super job raising kids. I never thought I'd want to be perceived as a monk... but I get it.... and I think that is so cool Corey. However, I don't really think you and the bird with the bulging eyes resemble each other very much. Aren't you glad? :0)

Jenny said...

What a great compliment to Corey! Now we know what he should be for Halloween!

Related Posts with Thumbnails