Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Jack's First Baseball Game Of The Season

(I'm a bit behind on posting, but I guess this is better late than never.)  


On Saturday, Jack's baseball team kicked of the fall season... despite the fact that it rained the entire game thanks to Hurricane Ike.  It actually was not too bad until the end of the game.  By then, we were all pretty soaked, and Jack was playing catcher so he was VERY muddy!  The boys all seemed to think that the rain added some excitement to the game... which is good because things are moving at a much slower pace this year now that Jack's age plays kid-pitch (as opposed to coach-pitch).  The parents were all pleasantly surprised at how well the little boys did without coaches on the field to pitch and help catch.  Jack was actually a little nervous, but he did great!  I only got a few photos because of the rain, but here are some of them...

~ Jack crossing home plate ~
SCORE!
~ outfield ~
~ Allie ~
(I love this picture of her!)
Cooper got to wear bits and pieces of Jack's old uniforms, and I could have eaten him up he was so cute!  He was sure that he was one of the team.  Thankfully, a group of kids played their own little baseball game in the grass beside the field that Jack was playing on, and he got to feel like he really played like his big brother.
~ sliding into "base" ~
~ so happy to be a baseball player too ~

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Okay, Jack looks so big in that one picture "outfield." Amy, oh my word! Allie is beautiful. And so sweet that you let Cooper wear the old uniform. You're a sweet mama.

Emily said...

Well I love all these pictures! I just need a biscuit to soak up all the cuteness that is oozing out of those Cooper pictures.

Mama Jeannie said...

Way to go Jack!!! Can't wait to see you and your team play baseball! Cute pics of all your kids Amy. I really liked that smiley one of Allie too. Got it on my screensaver slideshow.

Sara said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE all of those pictures - ESPECIALLY the one of Allie and the ones of the CUTE little boy!!! =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails