Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ribbit!

For the last several days Jack has noticed that there are many baby frogs in our front yard.  I am not sure where they are coming from, but just about every time that he goes out there, he calls me to come see his froggy friend.  Last night, as I was unwinding for the night I noticed that the boys were both in the hall bathroom and went to go see what they were doing.  (usually... boys + bathroom = trouble)  I was shocked to see that the sink was full of water and that several baby frogs were swimming around inside it!  I started to get on to them when they informed me, "Daddy said we could."  And where was Daddy?  Watching to make sure that no froggies escaped into my house????  Nope.  He was snuggled up in our bed watching TV.  Needless to say, I stood vigil over the sink o' frogs and made sure that each one that escaped was PROMPTLY put back into the sink.  After a half hour or so of playing with their new pets, I insisted that it was time to let the frogs go back to their families... which was followed by Cooper holding on to the door knob as he sobbed and begged and screamed and cried and pleaded for his friends to get to stay in the house.  Finally, I prevailed, and the baby frogs were released to the wild.   

If you love something let it go, 
if it comes back it's yours, 
if it doesn't then it never was. - Britt

6 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I love that ... the picture of all the frogs perched on the 6 (or e?) is hilarious!

Mama Jeannie said...

LOVE IT! :0) What a great object lesson in letting living things go free. Cute cute froggy friends.

Julie said...

Those are such cute little frogs, yet I am so glad they are in your bathroom sink and not mine! :)

Great memories.....

Emily said...

That is hilarious and cute and I am so thankful that it was your sink and not mine!

Elizabeth said...

those are some tiny frogs!

Corey Powell said...

I don't snuggle. It was a 9.

Related Posts with Thumbnails