Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy 60th Anniversary Grandma & Grandad!

My grandparents are two of my favorite blog-readers.  (and two of my favorite people in the world)  They don't ever comment on my blog, but I think that they have read every post that I have written.  When we talk they always know what has been going on in my life.  They are able to jump right in, and we have great conversations.  I love that!  This past Saturday was their 60th wedding anniversary.  I was not home to be able to post an anniversary greeting then, so I am doing it tonight.  

Grandma & Grandad ~ I love you so much!  You have been a great example to all of  your family of commitment as you have weathered many storms in your 60 years together.  I don't know if I have ever seen 2 people more in love and better at taking care of each other than you two.  I hope that when I have been married for 60 years that I can say that I did it as well as you have!  

Allie and I were figuring out tonight how many lives you two are responsible for, and it is quite impressive.  You have 3 daughters, 13 grandkids, 23 great-grandkids, and a total of 54 people in your "immediate family".  I'd say that you have touched a lot of lives!  We all love and respect you!

I am honored to get to call you my family.  My grandparents.  Happy Anniversary... here's to many, many more years together.  I love you both!

3 comments:

Emily said...

What a thoughtful post. They really are so in love. Happy Anniversary Grandma and Grandad!!!

Jenny said...

60 years! Amazing! I'm sure they could teach us all so much on how to have a successful marriage. What a blessing!

Mama Jeannie said...

Well now, let's just say there's the proverbial lump in the throat thing goin' on. What a wonderful tribute to your grandparents Amy. Mom and Daddy, you have such a beautiful story and it seems to get better and better with every year that comes and goes. I love you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails