Thursday, September 4, 2008

Bedtime Boy & Butterflies


Last night I went to find Cooper to put him to bed, and this is what I found...

He had fallen asleep on the floor.  That was a first.  I couldn't resist taking a picture of my little boy sleeping like a baby.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today Cooper and I went to a butterfly festival in a nearby town.  It was an activity that we had not planned but that my sister knew about, so we squeezed it in before a lunch date nearby.  It was so neat!  Cooper loved "catching butterflies" on little pieces of fruit, and I loved watching my little one discover these beautiful little creatures.

Butterflies always remind me of my Granny.  During my childhood she went through a phase where she enjoyed catching butterflies, and she had many butterflies and butterfly paintings framed in her home.  I remember as a kid walking around her neighborhood with a big net trying to catch a butterfly like Granny.  I am not sure if I ever did, but I am so thankful for the memory of spending special time with her!  Today, I thought of her the entire time that we were looking at the butterflies.  I am sure that she would have loved watching her 
great-grandbabies looking at these creatures.  

5 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Love the picture of sleeping Cooper.

Glad you guys came to see the butterflies today ... that was fun!

Elizabeth said...

What a great picture of Coop! Sounds like you guys had a busy day.

Courtney said...

Oh, how neat. I'll have to keep my eye open for something like that around here. ...and it makes for some pretty cool pictures.

Emily said...

It was a fun outing! Can you send me any pics you have of Claire? I also love the sleeping picture.

Mama Jeannie said...

What a sweet post Amy. Yes, Granny would have loved watching Cooper and Claire with the butterflies. Maybe she did. :0)

Related Posts with Thumbnails