Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Big Boy Bed

Sunday night we finally bit the bullet and moved our baby boy from his crib to his big boy bed.  If you know me at all, you know that I was not thrilled to take down the precious baby bed for what might be the last time.  It brings tears to my eyes to even think about that... Cooper was very excited about his big bed, but honestly, I think he would have slept in the crib until he was 7 if I had wanted him to.  Thankfully, he is almost as torn about growing up and being big versus being little as I am.  We are a perfect match.  :)


~ last moments in the baby bed ~
(I loved his bedding.  
It was a baby shower gift from my girlfriends when I was pregnant with Cooper.)

~ good-night kisses from Daddy ~
~ and Allie ~
~ and snuggles from Mommy & Jack ~


Once it was time for all of us to leave his room, he was not sure he wanted to go to sleep - not unlike the nights before - but he did obey and stay in his bed which was a huge relief for me.  When I checked on him later, he was sleeping peacefully....

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

This is so sweet! I'm proud of him for staying in his bed. Yes, I feel your heartache on the last time thing. UGH.

Emily said...

I know that taking down the baby bed was hard. I am so glad that he transitioned pretty smoothly though! I love that you guys made an evenet out of moving into the big bed with all the family pictures...of course you did.

Mama Jeannie said...

Yes, "of course you did". I love it! Tell Cooper I am so excited for him sleeping in his big boy bed! I'm proud of you too sweet girl. I know that was hard for you. Who knows... maybe you'll have a little baby from Africa in your future. Remind me to tell you something about that when I see you in a couple days.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Another milestone for that cutie! I love that you guys make the little things into big events ... all the kisses and pictures are so great! I'm thrilled he did so well ... it gives me hope for L&L when we get to that point. Don't tell Cheryl - her boys didn't do quite as well! :)

Sara said...

I hadn't even read this until right now. And after the post I just made, it makes me teary eyed. Change is sad. Good, of course, but SAD! =) I love you!

chariti said...

Isn't being a Mom such an amazing journey. We want them to grow up but we don't! I'm sad for you and right there with you friend. Big boy beds are a big event and it's awesome that he did so well.

How's it going there? Blog about the new baby soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails