Friday, February 27, 2009

A Clean Bill Of Health

In September I received a call from my aunt... "Amy, I have bad news.  Grandad has cancer."  I instantly felt shock wash over me.  I had never received a call like that.  I called my grandparents right away, and I could hear the concern in their voices... a sound like I had never heard before.  I was transported to my little-girl-self where all things were okay at all times with my parents and grandparents, and I was confused by the reality that was set before me.  A little later, I rose up.  I faithfully prayed for him and asked my friends to do the same.  Over the last few months, he and my grandma have worked hard at their fight against cancer.  They have faced it with courage and hopefulness and a sense of humor.  One of the first times I called Grandad and timidly asked, "How are you feeling?"  He responded, "Pretty good for a guy with cancer."  We laughed then and many times since then.  But the reality is that it is scary to have that word attached to the name of someone that you know.  Yesterday, that word was removed from my grandad's name.  He is not Max The Cancer Patient any longer... Miraculously, he was given a clean bill of health, and as of yesterday he is just Max.  My Grandad.  Praise the Lord!  

4 comments:

Sara said...

Yea Grandad!!! I'm so happy! I love that he called each of us!

Charree said...

Praise the Lord! What wonderful news.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Such great news!

Mama Jeannie said...

Reading of all you kids' thankfulness overwhelms me with my own thankfulness over and over again. I love how you all love Gdad and Gma and how you have prayed over them these last few months.

Related Posts with Thumbnails