Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Have You Noticed?

I've been a bit of a blah-blogger lately. (and/ or a busy-blogger... depending on the day) The last few weeks have been kind of funky for me... I have written a few post that may forever remain in my "drafts", but for the most part I have not blogged at all in an attempt to not be too "Eeyoreish".


Here's a little side note - my husband's side of the family has had this discussion several times... all of us seem to have a personality that corresponds to the characters in the Winnie The Pooh books, and I always end up being assigned Eeyore. For the record, I don't like Eeyore. I wish I was not Eeyore. I try not to be Eeyore.
By the way, I am married to Gopher.

Anyway - I just wanted to give you all a little "I'm still here" update, and hopefully all that "turn your frown upside down, turning lemons into lemonade" jazz will kick in before too long and I'll be back to my old happy-go-lucky self. (Yes, I am sarcastic like that.) I do have a few posts up my sleeve as my little boy turns 9 tomorrow, and I am sure I will have something to say about that. Not to mention the 200+ photos that I downloaded after our 2-basketball-games, Jack's-birthday-party, big-family-time, Super-Bowl-party weekend last weekend. See? Busy-blogger. And speaking of that... I left the house at 7:30am today and did not expect to get to come home until about 9:00pm tonight. In the middle of the day I actually carved an hour out to drop-by my casa to take care of some serious business... which included this blog. :) You've got to have your priorities, right?

Oh, and speaking of those "lemons"...
My friend, Chariti sent me a piece of flair on Facebook a while ago that said this... "When life hands you a lemon, squirt in someone's eye and run." Somehow, that makes me more happy than the original saying. See? Eeyore.

9 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I happen to really like Eeyore. He may be a bit mellow and depressed but he's really funny. :)

chariti said...

A)I don't think your posts have been eeyoreish B)I like it when you're real C) There's a season for everything...for you this is a season to wrestle with some things and that's okay D) I love that flair!!!!

krista said...

I am so right there with you...my blogging has suffered due to my mood as well. Hang in there...this too shall pass :) A season for everything...

Rebecca Read said...

Hi Amy - Hope tomorrow is a great day for you! You have a lot to celebrate! On a side note, I have a question for you. How to I add on my blog on the right side bar the blogs I like to follow? Is there a trick?

Elizabeth said...

Girl - like you once told me...blog away. The real deal is what I like most about you Amy. I totally get not wanting to put it all out there though. So, yeah, this comment was pointless. :-) I love you girl - and Chariti's flair stinkin' cracks me up!!!

Stacy said...

Missed you girl. Come back! (Eeyore or not! - I love every bit of you!) Happy Birthday to Jack. I can't believe our boys are 9!

Mama Jeannie said...

Amos, would you pass this little ditty below on to our Jack? Glad you are back to blogging. I've missed reading you. This last weekend was so much fun, but yes, it was tiring as well. Thanks for having all of us in your home.
I love you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET JACK-MAN
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

I love you Jack-man and I think you are really really special. Hope your day is AWESOME!!
Love, Gibbie

amy said...

Keep it real, girl. I don't like to read blogs that are continually - oh, I love this. Oh, I love that. Oh, isn't life wonderful? It's nice to read the thoughts, feelings & going-ons of someone with depth of emotion and experience. I'm glad you're back. I missed you.

Sara said...

Ah, suck it up! Just kidding! Love ya!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails