Friday, February 6, 2009

My First Born

My sister, Emily, sent this to me.  It is fun and quick survey about your first-born child.  If you want to join the fun, just copy and paste it in a new post for yourself!  Let's see how much you remember!

1. WAS YOUR FIRST-BORN PLANNED? Yes.  However, I was still shocked when I got the positive pregnancy test.

2. WHAT WAS YOUR REACTION? I was VERY excited!  Corey & I set up a video camera to video ourselves looking at the pregnancy test after it had had time to process.  When I saw the "positive", I jumped up and down, ended up on Corey's toe, and hurt him.

3. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 22 

4. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? We were on a trip, and I was feeling really gross.  I thought I might be pregnant, and I planned to take a test to confirm when I got home.  It was late at night when we arrived back at our house, and I had read that first-morning-urine was best to use for the test, so I got up at like 4am and took a test.  :)

5. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Corey was with me when we saw the test.  Then, we drove to my brother's apartment and woke him up to tell him (remember it was early morning).  He was terrified when he finally got the door unlocked & opened and saw us standing there, but he was excited once he woke up enough to realize what we were saying.  That night the 3 of us drove to Waco to tell my family.

6. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes! 

7. DUE DATE? I think that it was November 2nd.

8. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Yes - except that it was all-the-time sickness.  Saltines were my best friend for months!

9. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Jolly Ranchers and Strawberry milkshakes.

10. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? McDonald's - when they put pickles on my cheeseburger after I had ordered it with no pickles.  It was only once, but it was my most notable pregnancy-fit.  And thankfully it was in our car with only Corey as a witness.

11. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Girl.

12. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Absolutely not.  I kind of thought that we would have a boy first, but I was instantly, 100% in love with the idea of having a girl.

13. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 35ish

14. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes.

15. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew about it. 

16. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Yes, my blood pressure was very high, and I was on bed-rest for a few weeks.

17. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? 18 very long hours.

18. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Corey.  And he drove fast, with his hazard lights on.

19. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Corey, my doctor, and a couple of nurses.

20. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural. 

21. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Yes.  I was nervous to get the epidural and waited "as long as I could" before I got it.  With subsequent deliveries, I requested it the moment I walked through the hospital door.  I love me some epidural!

22. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 8lbs. 5oz.

23. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? 6:18pm on October 31st

24. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Allie Jill (Corey's dad's name is Allee and Corey's name was going to be Jill if he had been a girl when he was born. Also, her initials are AJP, like mine, and my initials were like my mom's when I still had my maiden-name.)

25. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 12 years, 3 months, 6 days


I don't have any of our older photos on my computer, so I took pictures of some of Allie's baby pictures in her baby book to show you how absolutely adorable she was.  :)

~ hospital photo ~
~ 5 months ~
When I think about Allie as a baby, this is the way that she looks.  She always had a big bow on her head, and her eyes were breathtaking to me.
~ 11 1/2 years ~
My first-born.  My beautiful girl.

10 comments:

Kate said...

Gosh she was a beautiful baby (still is!). I, too, was completely terrified about the epidural and thought I would go natural to avoid it. About seven contractions into it, I no longer cared what was involved in getting it! :-)

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I love that newborn photo - a bow already! She's so cute!

Emily said...

Great post and LOVE the pictures!

chariti said...

oh my goodness, sweet & precious post.

Julie said...

That was fun to ready.
What an adorable baby

Anonymous said...

Allie has a special place because she was the first grandchild. I have only been that excited eleven other times. Do the math....four plus seven....soon to be eight. I feel sorry for other grand parents that have to settle for second best. OK.....maybe I am partial.

Mama Jeannie said...

Absolutely beautiful, that Allie girl! What a great post. Think I'll give it a whirl my own self, but mine won't be quite as interesting I'm sure. You know; no such thing as home pregnancy tests, sonograms, or husbands allowed in the delivery room 36 years ago.You've come a long way baby! :0)

Jenny said...

This is a fun post. I might have to do it too!

Rebecca Read said...

So sweet Amy!

Sara said...

Was that "anonymous" comment made by Dad? There are eight...going on NINE grandkids - thank you very much! =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails