Monday, February 16, 2009

2 Cowboys & A Princess



Yesterday we went on a drive to our family's land... the place that we call The Place.  Corey had some work to do, so we decided to take the kids and make a day of it.  Jack has been learning to be a big help to his dad over the last few years as they have done work at The Place in preparation for hunting seasons and other things.  He jumped out of the van and got right to work, and Cooper was anxious to be just as helpful.  Allie was not quite sure why she needed to be there.  :)  I was pretty much along for the ride to spend time with the family and to take pictures of my kids out in nature... I proved quite quickly that I am not a great ranch hand.  We all ended up enjoying our afternoon at The Place, and I was pleased with the time that we all got to spend together and the photos from the day.  (You can't go wrong with little boys in "cowboy clothes", as Cooper called them.)



Corey built the corral several years ago.  I had forgotten about the cross that is above the gate.  I love it!



~ Workin' Boy ~
I can't believe how big my little boy looks when he is doing big-boy work!
It was a windy day for wearing a cowboy hat.
Cooper was so cute walking around with his hands on his hips looking for something to help with.
~ walking away from a great day at The Place ~

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What great pictures! And how fun that you have a place to run around and be free! I'll bet your boys love that!

Julie said...

Always such great pictures!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

What a fun day!

Emily said...

I love your day. Allan and I were just saying that we need to find a way to get out in nature more with Claire.

Charree said...

Your pictures are so wonderful. It looks like all of you had a fabulous time. It is great to be able to enjoy God's creation together.

Have a blessed day!
~Charree

Jenny said...

For some reason Jack just look SO much older!! I still picture him Coop's size!

Mama Jeannie said...

I love this post, but I think I commented on it after reading a previous post. How neat that you guys have the place to go to work, relax, and just be out doors. I LOVE "The Place"! Now I am soooo ready for you to make another one of your wonderful entries... with pics of course. It's been a whole week! :0)

Related Posts with Thumbnails