Friday, February 6, 2009

A Letter To Jack

Jackie, 


I have thought for 3 days about what I want to say to you this year for your birthday.  There are so many things that come to mind, yet they are all the same things that I have told you so many times before... just multiplied and more intense.  

I was going to say that I love you 9 times more than I loved you 9 years ago when they placed you in my arms, but that is not the truth.  I think that I love you 9-million times more.  I was going to say that I am 9 times more thankful for you than that early morning 9 years ago when the doctor rescued you from your dangerous birth, but I don't think that is adequate.   I am at least 9-million times more thankful.  I was going to tell you that I am 9 times more proud of you than I was on February 4, 2000, but that is not the case.  I am 9-million times more honored that I am a mother to a son as wonderful as you!  

Jack, you are an amazing, wonderful, caring, loving, tender-hearted, all-boy, honest, obedient, hard-working, fun, hilarious little boy.  I have loved every second of the last 9 years with you, and I am looking forward to seeing what this next year of your life produces in you and for you.  I love you, Buddy. 

Always & Forever, 
Mommy 

6 comments:

Kate said...

Happy birthday to your Jack! I can't believe my Jack will be 1 in a matter of weeks! I often think it can't get any better than it is now--but your post makes me think it's only just beginning!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

What a sweet letter.

Emily said...

So sweet! You are a good mama and he is a fantastic boy. Love you both.

chariti said...

I absolutely LOVE that picture. Frame it!

Jenny said...

Sweet letter- can't believe he's 9!!

Mama Jeannie said...

How precious is the love of a mother to her son! Your thoughts toward Jack are priceless Amy and I agree... you should frame this letter for Jack to keep close always. It will bless him in the years to come when he leasts expects it. You are a wonderful mother Amos.

Related Posts with Thumbnails