Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Asher & Ainsley's Special Day

Saturday the kids and I headed to Oklahoma to visit my sister, Sara, and her family. On Sunday, Sara and her husband Beau publicly dedicated their babies, Asher and Ainsley, to God and pledged to raise them to know and love him. I was honored to be able to be there for their special day.


Before we went to church I gave each of the kiddos a special gift to remember this day by.
I gave Ainsley a little gold cross necklace. (She loves the box that it came in more than the necklace, at this point.) I love little girls in dainty little pieces of jewelry!

Boys are a little more difficult to get sentimental gifts for, so I gave Asher a book of Bible stories and wrote a note to him inside of it.
~ Allie & Ainsley ~
~ Cooper ~
~ Asher waiting for church to start ~
(look at his cute little hands!)

~ during the dedication ~
~ Beau, Asher, Sara, & Ainsley ~
~ Asher & Ainsley with their parents and one set of their grandparents ~
~ Jack ~

7 comments:

Rebecca Read said...

I love all of these pictures and think their little family is so adorable! Glad you could be there and make it that much more special for them!

Jenny said...

What a great photo of you with A & A! Love the light!
Glad you got to head north to be with Sara and Beau for their special day.

Sara said...

Thank you for this post! I want to copy the whole thing to my blog. =) I was glad you got to be there too! And I LOVE that picture of you with my babies - and the one with Asher's sweet hands!!!

Courtney said...

That's so neat that y'all get to be there for each other for everything. I was so sad when my parents missed Clinton's Baptism. Oh, if only I could shorten the miles between here and there.

Elizabeth said...

What sweet babies! I love that you got them gifts. A good Auntie.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Great photos. What a special day!

Kathy said...

Thanks for sharing this sweet time!! Beautiful pictures. It's so special that you and your kids got to be there.

Related Posts with Thumbnails