Monday, March 16, 2009

A Post Just For Him

My Grandad is one of my favorite people on earth.  I have several good memories of him from when I was a child, but my best memories of him are from my adulthood.  I think as I am growing up, I am learning to appreciate the relationships that I have in my family for what they are.  I love this man for who he is... Nothing more.  Nothing less.  He makes me feel loved and special when I talk to him... even if that is only every few weeks or months.  He makes me laugh... Sometimes he means to.  Sometimes he doesn't.  He says exactly what he thinks, and for some reason - with him - I love that.  Even if his words sound rough (like when he told me that my curly hair looked like a witch... and I loved my hair that day... and I still do... it's featured on my profile picture),  I can take him for what he is.  Grandad.  Tonight when I sat down beside him he said, "I knew the prettiest girl in the room would come sit by me."  :)  I know that he probably said things just like that to my sisters, but he just makes my day every time that I see him.  


Since he has started reading my blog, he never sees me or talks to me on the phone without mentioning it... about how he wants an update soon.  Tonight at dinner when we took this picture, he said, "I better see this one on the blog.", and I promised him that I would include it and that I would post about Corey's dinner tonight.  When I was working on that post, I decided that I needed to write more about the picture and the man in it.  My Grandad.  

I love you, you crazy old man.  And remember - watch out for wind storms with that new hair-do of yours.  And don't forget - I'll always be your favorite.  (at least when I am the one talking to you)  :)

4 comments:

Mama Jeannie said...

Awwwwww, that is so sweet Amos. I love how you love my daddy. :0)

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

What a blessing! There's no relationship like that of a loving grandparent.

Stacy said...

Aww. That is so cool. You are lucky to have grandparents! Happy Birthday to Corey too (sorry just catching up) Love your saving up for a gift. How creative! Have a good spring break!

Elizabeth said...

Makes me wish my Grandma was still here... I miss her!

Related Posts with Thumbnails