Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Day At The Park

This time of year things are blooming and there are places that you can pay to go walk on beautiful paths, see lovely flowers, look at pretty fountains, and see goldfish swim under you as you stand on a bridge above them... and then there is this.  A beautiful city park that is open to the public.  While I love to go to the larger arboretums and gardens, this one is a lot closer to where I live and is a better value... it's free!  So, today I got the kids dressed in their Easter clothes, and we headed to the park with my sister and niece.  We took photos for a while then the kids changed into their play clothes and climbed, swang, and slid at the playground, and Jack even went exploring down by a creek bed and found a "fort".  The weather was wonderful for our Spring-Break-activity-of-the day.  

~ my beautiful girl ~
~ Jackson ~
I think that this in my new favorite picture of my big boy!
~ The Wild One ~
He made me work for my photos today!
~ My 3 ~
So, getting a good picture of all of my kids at the same time still proves to be very difficult, but this one turned out okay.
~ Allie ~
Really - she makes me want to cry when I look at her and realize how time is flying.
Jack won the "easiest award" today.  
He was such a good little subject and came up with most of his poses on his own.
~ Cooper On The Go ~

~ Allie ~
~ Jack ~
~ Cooper ~
~ a candid shot of the kids looking at fish ~
~ Allie Cat ~
~ My Buddy ~
~ My Baby ~
~ Jack, Claire, Cooper, & Allie ~
~ the Big Kids ~


~  little buddies ~
I love the look on Claire's face in this one.
On the way home, Allie sighed and said, "I needed Spring Break."  I think that we all did... 

10 comments:

Mama Jeannie said...

Oh my! Aren't you all so blessed to have such a pretty Spring Break week? Love the pics and I too am in awe of time how it pushes us on to grow up, give birth, and grow old. This truly is our spot on the timeline. "We're on!" as Beth Moore says. "We are the 'dot' on the timeline, now what are we going to do with it?" And then so much rolls around in my heart and head. Amazing how your photos always draw me in to think more deeply about life and family and purpose. What a precious gift Amos.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

We're thinking of going there this week too ... thought of going to the real arboretum but I like the proximity and price of this one better! Your pictures turned out great! The kids look so cute ... and Jack looks old!

Rebecca Read said...

I love all of the pictures Amy! My favorite is of all three kids on the bridge!! You really should try to become a PAID photographer!!!

Amy said...

Thanks! (and Rebecca, I think about that all the time --- we'll see)

Corey Powell said...

But Rebecca, how can you love that one? No one is looking at the camera.

S. Brook Bell said...

I think I saw you all today!!! When I was at the light I saw people taking pics with green on....come to find out..it was you! That park is really close to me...we love going there. I am thinking about doing some pics this weekend :) Yours turned out great!

Jenny said...

Great pics!
I'm headed to the BIG arboretum tomorrow with Caleb and Kayla. We'll be meeting up with some friends. Hopefully I'll get some good shots!

Alicia said...

What a BEAUTIFUL family you have. Love all the green. Thank you for sharing. I will be sharing your blog with Mother and she is going to be so suprised on how much everyone has grown up. My how time flies when you are having fun!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful pics Amy! The boys' outfits are perfect, and match so well with Allie's. So nice.

amy said...

Beautiful kiddos! Love the outfits!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails