Thursday, March 19, 2009

Crafty

Last night I was crafty!  I went with my sister, Emily, to her friend's house to make cards.  I have not made many cards before, but I really liked it.  It was a lot of fun to just hang out with gals, relax, follow someone's directions and not think too much on my own, and walk away with something that I think is cute - something that I made with my own 2 hands.  


I'm not sure what I will do with my cute creations.  I am not much of a card giver.  I don't even know the current price of a postage stamp.  I like the idea of sending cards, and I am glad that I have friends that will drop a "just because" card in the mail for me every once in a while, and I just did a "note card swap" that was fun... but honestly, based on my history, I doubt that I will send one of my new cards anytime soon.  But then again - maybe I will.  After my card crafting last night, I feel a little inspired... A little.


Being crafty.  I vaguely remember an Amy that was crafty.  She scrapbooked often.  Made jewelry when she could.  Loved "craft time" at MOPS.  That Amy has been MIA for a while.  It's funny how we can go through long spans of time without tapping into a part of ourselves that we like. A part that "used to be there". A part that got lost in the chaos.  Last night, I think I started unearthing a little part of me that I remember liking.  A crafty part.  

7 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I love your cards - they look great! I'm laughing that you don't even know the current price of a stamp ... hilarious.

Mama Jeannie said...

I like that you are unearthing a part of you that you like Amos. I liked that part too and, honestly, didn't realize it was hidden as of late. Your cards are beautiful and makes me want to be creative. I actually made a B-day card for Aunt Maxine recently and it was kinda fun. BTW, postage is now
$.42 and will go up another .02 this spring or maybe in the fall I've heard. Drat!

Emily said...

Love the cards! I was going to post about my cards too...except that I don't have them here. You are a good crafter, I hope that part of you gets unearthed again soon. I had fun being with you!

chelsea rose said...

What a fun night! I like your cards---I love having craft night too. A couple of my friends and I did it at Christmas and made wreaths. Nice work!

Jenny said...

So bummed I missed that party! Looks like you made some beautiful cards. And, yes, you are very crafty and creative! You just need to do it more often... if there were only more hours in the day!

Elizabeth said...

Love the cards! Beautiful and fun! I'm feeling a crop night is definitely in order.

Charree said...

Your cards look good. I am glad you had a good time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails