Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Weekend Away & A "Surprise" Party For Corey

This weekend Corey and I went to a nearby hotel for a getaway for his 40th birthday.  My mom & dad came to our house on Friday afternoon and stayed with our kiddos until today.   We did a whole lot of nothing while we were gone, and it was nice and relaxing.    THANK YOU Mom & Dad for taking care of Allie, Jack, & Cooper, so we could spend the weekend away.

Early this evening I took Corey to "meet my parents and the kids" for dinner to conclude our weekend.  When we walked into the Mexican restaurant near our house, there were 19 people from my family waiting for him with a great big, "SURPRISE!".  Unfortunately, he wasn't really surprised, but we all had fun... and I hope he felt special knowing that people had come from Oklahoma & Waco & Amarillo & a couple of places in the metroplex to celebrate him!   

Feliz Cumpleanos!


~ Allie eating dinner~
~ Jack in the Balloons ~
My grandparents happened to be in the area, and we were happy that they (and my aunt & uncle) came to help us celebrate!
~ 3 Generations ~
~ Grandad & Me ~
~ My dad & brother, Coby ~
~ Coby's wife, Adrielle, and his oldest daughter, Skyler ~
~ Coby & Adrielle's baby girl, Chloe ~
~My sister, Sara, and her baby, Ainsley ~
~ Sara's son, Asher, and Jack~
~ My sister, Emily, with her little family - Claire, Allan, and Jacob is on the way ~
~ Cake Time! ~
Of course Corey had to wear a sombrero as we (and the waiters) sang Happy Birthday to him.  The waiters said that the "ninos" needed to wear one too, so Jack & Cooper joined their daddy, and they all wore sombreros.

HAPPY 40th BIRTHDAY, COREY!!!

(And Thank You to my family that came from near and far to make my husband feel loved.  I love you all for that!!!)

3 comments:

Emily said...

This was a really fun night. I am glad that we could all be together. For the last time...Happy 40th birthday Corey!!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend away. Your family is amazing about coming from near and far for family celebrations!

Mama Jeannie said...

One of the best weekends ever, wasn't it? Hope your B-day was wonderful Corey. It was fun being with you and the rest of our crazy fam. Blessings a bunch, J

Related Posts with Thumbnails