Sunday, March 15, 2009

Quote Of The Day

"A friend is a person with whom you can be sincere;
before whom you may think out loud."

I have a few friends like this, and I don't know what I would do without them. They see me - the real me - and love me in spite of it. They make me feel equal, loved, accepted, cherished. They make me know that I am not alone. That I am not peculiar. That it is okay to be me... That it is even more than okay... That it is good. They challenge me to be better. Do better. Live better. While still loving me just as I am. They listen to me "think outloud" and don't judge a word that I say. When there is not a solution to be had, they listen. When there is, they go to battle with me. For me. They are a part of my life that I don't know how I could live without, and when I saw this quote today it just reminded me of how much I love them and appriciate them.

Thank you my dear friends. I love you!

4 comments:

Sara said...

I love you too. Maybe nobody else has commented because it's presumptuous to assume that I'm/they're one of these friends that you're talking about. Hahaha! =)

Emily said...

You are welcome! (Just kidding!) This is a really sweet post. I am sure that the friends you are referring to know who they are. I am thankful you have them in your life as well. We all need people like that.

Amy said...

Yes, you sisters qualify. :) Really! I love you like crazy, and I don't know what I would have done without you recently... or ever, for that matter.

Mama Jeannie said...

I know I'm not one of them, but please know I long to be a person/mom you can count on.... even with all my weaknesses and imperfections. Your qualifications to be part of this lofty group are high and I fall short so many times. The bottom line, I guess, is that I love you more than words or any thoughts I might try to think could possibly express.

Related Posts with Thumbnails