Monday, March 24, 2008

I Love Ikea!

The kids and I went to Ikea this afternoon to finish up our Spring Break activities.  From the Family Friendly Parking that is right by the front door, to the kids' play-place (Jack enjoyed that for the first time), to the great organizing and decorating ideas, to the the beds and tunnels and rocking horses and chairs for the kids to look at, sit on, and climb through, to the dirt cheap bins of things that I really do need (I finally got a funnel for my kitchen!  A 2 pack for .99!!!), to the snack bar with the pretty-good food and fabulous ice (you know me and my ice...), to the tv playing cartoons for the kids to watch (while I cleaned out my purse at a snack bar table), to the "as-is" furniture section, to the family restroom.... I love it all.  It was cheap, fun, and entertaining afternoon for us (We were there at least 3 hours!), and we had fun just leisurely shopping and being together.


Now, we are home and need to start to get ready to go back to school tomorrow.  Eeek!  I am ready for summer break!  

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh girl, you should have told me you were going. I don't think I've ever turned down an IKEA run. I need some more pink bins. Next time...

Emily said...

sounds like a perfect Powell outing. I hope that Allie found her chair. Bummer about lunch today, but I got Claire home and she slept for three hours...wowzers. Maybe we can see each other tomorrow.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I've been an IKEA girl since I was a young teenager. You can't beat it. My first apartment was wall-to-wall IKEA. I'll go shopping there with you anytime. Hmmm ... there's a playgroop idea. :)

Elizabeth said...

Yep, I love me some IKEA too! Let's all go sometime. What fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails