Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Still Here

It has been a week since I have blogged, and I miss it. Finally, today (no thanks to Verizon and thanks to my husband's creativity), I am able to take a peek at some of my email, a few blogs, and give a little "I am still here!" update...

I had a friend once tell me that I always have some kind of drama going on in my life...

Funny, since that is the exact opposite of what I desire for my life. Drama. It is polar to the way that I feel when I feel most like myself. Really. I am happiest when I am sitting beside a river in the mountains in my blue jeans & flannel shirt. I - in my truest form - am simple, calm, quiet, not making many decisions, not blazing a trail. Maybe that is why I don't handle the "drama" very well. It rocks my world.

All that said... I am still here. I survived a couple of weeks of the most intense "drama" that I have ever dealt with. Now, I have experienced a few times in my life that have been more "sad", but they were more short-lived events with a heart-breaking aftermath to live through. This current "drama" was ongoing. Seemingly never-ending. For 2 solid weeks, I did not live a moment of my life in a "regular" "normal" way. It took a toll on me, but hey, I am still here. I survived. I made it.

Not alone though. Not even close.

We found out 2 weeks ago, yesterday, that we would be moving within the next 2 weeks. The very next day I had one sister at my house packing boxes and the other sister on her way from Oklahoma. I had a brother and parents and in-laws that were willing to drop everything and sprint to my family's rescue. We have had wonderful friends that have literally kept us afloat for 2 weeks. Our friends and family have done everything from making us meals to bringing us paper towels & toilet paper. They have helped me school my kids, taken them to the park, and had them over for dinner. They have helped us pack up and load a lifetime of collections & keepsakes and some very heavy furniture, drive it across town, and unload it there. They have prayed for me and held me up when I could not hold myself.

A million thank-yous would not be enough.

Finally, we are moved. It is done. We all have beds to sleep in, and the silverware has finally been found. We have boxes stacked to the celing in the garage and more boxes that create pathways throughout the house. There are pink walls begging to be painted and blinds that don't offer any privacy muchless darkness. But we are here. Together. Under one roof. More unified than ever before. We are thankful for our family, our health, the very fact that we have a house to begin making into a home. That is more than many others have and more than we deserve.

So, we are on to the next chapter in our family's life. We are not where we thought that we would be 2 weeks ago before the storm began, but we are where we believe that God wants us to be.

We feel like we are on the cusp of great things.

Stay tuned.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

So glad you've survived. I've missed you enormously! I'm coming Sunday -- call me when you're free.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

So glad you're beginning to get settled ... you've been in my thoughts and prayers.

Emily said...

I love you!

Jenny said...

Welcome back to blogging! Hope you can get your nest settled soon!

Elizabeth said...

You are incredibly strong, and surrounded by an amazing family. You inspire me Amy.

I love how excited Jack was to show Sam his room, and Allie too. Your children are precious.

Love you.

Mama Jeannie said...

Yes, God is doing a fresh new thing in you and in your family. Great things are sure to be ahead in your future as you walk with Him in it. I love you so much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails