Friday, November 28, 2008

A Bit About Our Thanksgiving

I know. I know. It has been way too long since I have posted anything. I guess that last weekend was full of getting ready for company. Then, Corey's mom arrived on Sunday, and we have been busy getting ready for Thanksgiving festivities ever since. It has been a good week. Lots of trips to the grocery store, lots of cooking and baking, and lots and lots of dishes. Corey's brother Mack arrived on Tuesday night, and his sister Roxann and her family arrived on Thursday. We have all eaten and played Scrabble and eaten and visited and eaten and played Wii and eaten and sat by the fire and eaten and had long mornings in our PJs with our coffee and eaten and gone to the movies and eaten and done dishes for days. My kids have had an absolute blast having "the cousins" here, and Cooper has already been sad at the thought that they leave tomorrow. There is a level of comfortableness and peace that our family gatherings have that makes me wish for them to last forever. I just love these people so much! I will post more about our Thanksgiving later, but for now... there is a Scrabble game for me to go watch and a piece of pie that I simply must go eat. Ahhh! Family time!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Well, glad to know that you are still there and that you aren't starving. I can't wait to see pics and hear all about your weekend.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I'm glad you're having such a good time!

Mama Jeannie said...

Sounds like you guys are/have had so much fun. I'm thankful Amy. :0)

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy ... Ran across your blog and am sooo happy that I did! Your family is just absolutely precious! Think of you often so I'm gonna send my email in hopes of us getting back in contact! Give hugs to the rest of the family! Love ~ Angie Buck

a_buck@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous said...

I look forward to lots more of this. I love you Roxann

Related Posts with Thumbnails