Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Waco Weekend - Part 1

This past weekend we packed up and headed south for a fun-filled-family weekend.  As much as it seems we see my family, it had been a while since we had all been together in any space bigger than a hospital waiting room, so we were excited to go spend the entire weekend with family.  Friday night, we all met at my parents' house for dinner and to celebrate my dad's birthday.  Some family friends joined us, and we all had a nice visit!  There are no pictures - after packing and loading the car, an unexpected trip to the doctor for Cooper on our way out of town, an hour long pit stop somewhere on I35, and a 2 hour car trip that took 6 hours and 15 minutes (not that I'm counting), I was not up for getting the camera out that night.  It was just good to be there.  With family and friends.  Out of the car.

We stayed over at my brother and sister-in-law's house, and here are a few photos of our time there:

Saturday morning Coby & Adrielle put candles in a muffin, sang Happy Birthday to Allie, and gave her a birthday gift - iPod accessories.  Perfect!  Thank you for making her feel special and loved!  Yall are great at that!
We spent the rest of the morning in our PJs just hanging out and drinking coffee before we got ready to go to the Baylor/ A&M game.  It was fun to see the changes in Chloe Grace since the last time that we saw her.  She is getting up on her hands and knees and rocking, smiling like crazy, eating baby food, and is just a super-sweet little baby.  I adore her!


I'm a sucker for matching kids' clothes, and I just had to get these shirts for the girls.
~ Big Sister & Lil' Sister ~

Cooper & Skyler always have fun spending time together, and I think this visit they played better than any time before.  It always makes me smile when I see him playing with his cousins... especially when one (very strong) little girl instructs him that they are now going to play baby dolls, dance, cook in her little kitchen, etc.  She makes me laugh! 
More to come... Baylor game, Asher's 2nd Birthday Party, & Thanksgiving dinner still ahead... Yes, it was a busy weekend.

3 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Looks like fun. Your brother's girls are beautiful!

Elizabeth said...

I love the pics! That baby girl is stunning. I love her eyes!

Sara said...

Those first two pics of Chloe by herself are GORGEOUS! She's breathtaking! And yes, that was a fun weekend. =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails