Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Family Time

Wow!  I am behind on blogging... and so many other things.  But the blog... that is something that I am behind on that I really miss.  Maybe tonight I can get caught up on  a few entries that I have floating in my head.

I have been trying for over a week to get these pictures to download, and for some reason they wouldn't do it until tonight.  They are some that I took during the time that we spent with Corey's family week-before-last in Central Texas.  (Unfortunately, not everyone is pictured.)   The week before this, many of us had gone Colorado where Corey's sister and her family live.  Then, the next week they all came to their land in Texas where they are preparing to build a house (as are Danny and his wife Landra), and many of us joined them there as well.  It was so comforting to be together during this very, very sad time.  The land that David and Roxann own is beautiful and something about being in Central Texas with family just warms my heart.  I love it. 

The first-cousins on Corey's side of the family range in age from Cooper (3) to Danny (30-something) and the great-ones range from Clara (about a month) to Emma (8).  Obviously our family is large and maybe a bit untraditional, but we figure it out...  Allie & Jack were pretty much attached at the hip to Emma & Noah, but they had fun jumping on the trampoline, playing ball, and messing with the iPhone with the older cousins too.  There was lots of sitting and visiting and building, and every night we all sat by the bonfire.  Ahh, family... 

~ Avery & Allie ~
~ Cooper & Christian playing the iPhone ~
(Yes, there's technology even in the country these days.)
~ Avery, Emma, & Allie doing art ~
~ Christian ~
Roxann & David's baby
~ Hunter & Cooper ~
~ Emma & Allie ~
One afternoon it was extremely hot, so Corey took some of the kids to the river to play then he took them for ice cream.  It was a nice break from the heat.
~ Noah ~
~ Emma & Jack ~
~ Jack & Emma ~
~ Jack & Noah ~
~ Clara ~
~ Danny ~
He was the official brisket cooker.
~ Jack & Noah ~
They spent hours on the trampoline and tons of time playing Legos.
~ Emma playing soccer ~
My family had never been to a soccer game, and we were so excited to see Miss Em play while we were visiting her town.  She is a very good little athlete!

5 comments:

Emily said...

I love seeing all the kids. I am floored by Hunter's picture, didn't think that was him. Glad you all had some great family time and that you could all be together to support the Grammer's and each other. I love you!

Elizabeth said...

Amy, I love your family. I really do.

Mama Jeannie said...

This is so good that you could all be together to laugh and cry and to comfort one another; sit and listen and talk or sit and say nothing at all. Being out in God's beautiful creation is very healing I think, don't you? Beautiful children!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

How special to be together like that to support each other during such an awful time. Looking at the pictures, I just kept thinking that there was so much life there and so much love.

Anonymous said...

Amy I,m not sure what I would do without you. I love you very much, Roxann

Related Posts with Thumbnails