Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Makes Me Laugh Monday

Yesterday was Monday... the day after a big weekend away (post to follow, if Blogger will ever accept all of my photos), a sick boy, consequently a sick mommy - or a mommy trying to not get sick (because you know, moms just can't do that), homework galore, tennis shoes and blue jeans that needed to be bought for growing kids before school on Tuesday, and a growing grocery list that contained few groceries and instead held a list of things like dog food, Goo-Gone, notebook paper, and Band-Aids.  Sometime in the evening I decided that I wanted - no needed - to escape to the bathtub for some peace and quiet.  If you are a mom of little kids you know what comes next - the knocks on the door, the questions that simply must be answered RIGHT NOW, the things that are lost that only MOM might know where they are, the stories that must be shared, the potty that must be used, the games that must be played on the bathroom floor, etc. etc.  Needless to say, there was no peace nor quiet going on.  Finally, I insisted that Cooper leave the bathroom.  He was very frustrated and huffed and puffed out of the room as he said, "Everyone is 'fathering' me today!"  Evidently - he had been quite 'bothered'... I sat in my tub of not-so-hot-anymore water and laughed at my little one... until there was another knock on the door.  


Anyone got some Calgon?

4 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I love that!

Mama Jeannie said...

Oh how I do remember those days. Well, at least little kids do say stuff that makes us laugh... even when we're soaking in not-so-hot-water anymore. This too shall pass. :0)

Julie said...

Been there many times.
Does Cooper try to reach over the tub to play in your bath water?
Brendan does that and it is funny!

Sara said...

I'm WAY behind on your blog! I'm just now attempting to catch up. =) We'll see how far I get.

Related Posts with Thumbnails