Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday's Thoughts

Here - in no particular order - are the things on my mind:


~ Jack is missing our old home so badly today.  It breaks my heart.  He needs neighborhood friends.  Boys to play ball and ride bikes and share adventures with.  Still - 8 months later - my kids ask to go home at least once a week.  We miss our neighbors.  Our friends.  There is nothing  close to the kind of neighbors that we had there at our new house.

~ I got my hair cut and highlighted today.  I love the way that I feel when I get that done!  I literally almost fell asleep when she was washing my hair.  It was that good.  Really.

~ Tonight I am going to the opening night of the movie Twilight with my sister and several of my friends.  We are SO, SO super-excited.  I didn't think that I would like the books... but I love them, and I can't wait to see the movie.  (I hope they don't mess the story up!)

~ The kids are out of school for Thanksgiving break.  I can literally feel the pressure lifted from my shoulders as we get a break from the running and catching up that we have been doing the last month.

~ Corey's mom, brother, sister, brother-in-law, and 2 nephews are coming for Thanksgiving.  I am really looking forward to it.  I love family gatherings.

~ I can't wait to see Roxann again.  I just need to hug her.

~ I am chomping at the bit to decorate for Christmas.  I don't think that I have ever wanted to do that this early so badly before.  Maybe it is because we had Thanksgiving dinner with my family last weekend, and I always decorate right after Thanksgiving.  Maybe it is because we need some holiday cheer around here.  Maybe it is because I know how much Cooper will love it all.  

~ I need Christmas carols.

~ My 35th birthday is 2 weeks from today.  I am contemplative that my life is already at this point.  So much done.  So much to do.  Everything and nothing at my fingertips all at the same time.

~ I love cold weather.  

~ Sonic Happy Hour is over in 17 minutes, and I am not going to make it there today.  Oh the pain!

~ And now, I must run 2 very giggly girls to a birthday party....

Have a happy weekend!

4 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That was fun to read! I'm so sorry that you all still miss the old house so much.

Elizabeth said...

everything and nothing...well said. I feel that way often.

See you tonight!

Sara said...

Hmmmm...sweet, sad, and happy post. I love you...you old fart!

Mama Jeannie said...

I love you Amy. Glad the load is lifted off your shoulders; if even for just a moment. Our tree is up and beautiful. Wish I could sit and share it with you... or someone. Dad and I enjoyed it so much after it was done. We made a fire, had some chicken noodle soup and listened to Christmas carols... or was it a football game? Hmmmm.... :0) Mama

Related Posts with Thumbnails