Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to The World's Best Poppie (Really! He is!)

Anyone that knows my family knows that my dad is really, really great.  He is a great father to his kids, a great husband to his wife, a great coach to his players, a great friend to his friends and even to strangers... he is just all around a good guy.  The role that he might be the very best at though is the one of grandfather.  He is a great Poppie to his grandkids!  As I went through my pictures today to find one of him to post on my blog for his birthday, there were so many of him with the grandkids, so I decided to show a few highlights of my daddy with my kids... and all of the other grandkids too.  Happy Birthday Dad!  I love you!

He always makes Allie feel special!
Some of our best memories with my dad were just made this past summer on a trip to Colorado for FR (our family reunion).  This is him & Jack on the top of the mountain that we all climbed together.
Those that have read my blog for a while might remember that my dad carried Cooper almost all the way down the mountain on that trip.  He was Super Poppie that day!
Seriously - He always makes her feel this way.
I love it that my dad can still be tender with the kids as they get older.
~ Cooper & Poppie watching the Baylor Bears ~
She is his princess.  (or at least one of them)
This was a special day!  Jack got to help Poppie coach at a scrimmage.  
(His team was actually playng CDA that day.)
~ Playing football, of course ~
~Poppie & Allie ~
We love it when Poppie plays the guitar... especially when he plays it with the boys.

~ Time Flies ~
This was at a family birthday party.  Allie can usually be found near Poppie at family events.
Yep, this one is my all-time-favorite of Jack & my dad.  
It says everything without any words.
Poppie can always be found playing with the babies at family events.

And he is just as great with the other grandkids too...

~ Skyler ~
~ Chloe ~
~ Asher ~
~ Ainsley ~
~ Claire ~
~ and a few more shots of the crew... ~




8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

what a beautiful post. You are so blessed!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Amy.....I love all of those pictures!!!

Mom and I are blessed to have great kids and grandkids. It never ceases to amaze me what wonderful parents all of you are.

Emily said...

Well I love that post! He really is a great Poppie!!

Corey Powell said...

Quit giving my daughter wine Poppie.

Mama Jeannie said...

Amy, this post is such a great tribute to your daddy. He really is so great, isn't he? I love him too and think he is an amazing Poppie to the whole bunch. I wouldn't want to be married to anyone else in the whole world. ...Corey, you are full of it. :0)

gwsas4 said...

What a precious family! What a precious heritage! I'm happy to know you all!

Jenny said...

You do have the sweetest Poppie! He's always been such a nice and caring father to you and your sibs!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

What a beautiful post ... you can just see how much your dad loves all those kiddos! You're blessed. I've only met your dad a couple of times but he definitely comes across as a great man.

Related Posts with Thumbnails