Tuesday, April 15, 2008

For Jack


Jackie, 

Tonight my heart is so filled with love for you.  There is something about this day that just draws me to you.  I am not exactly sure why... It is not that you did anything that is particularly unusual today.  You have just been your typical kind and loving self, and I am madly in love with you.  Today.  Just an ounce more than yesterday.  Just thinking about how wonderful you are brings tears to my eyes.  If you'd let me, I'd kiss you and hug on you until tomorrow.  (I tried.  You won't.)  

Today you brought home some really good grades from school.  I am so proud of you because you studied hard for your tests and you are a diligent student, but that is not why I love you.  Tonight you played a really good baseball game.  I am proud of you because you are learning about teamwork and about doing your best, but that is not why I love you.  I love you because you are mine.  That is enough.  You are always loved by me and Daddy.  No matter what.  Always.  And, Buddy, as much as we love you, God loves you even more. Not because you are a good person or because you obey most of the rules but because you are His.  He created you, and He is proud of the person that He created!  

I had fun taking silly pictures with you today!  The "Elmo kisses" were my favorite.  They made you laugh, and your laugh is one of the best sounds that I have ever heard!  I am so glad that I get to be your mom!  There is nothing else on Earth that I'd rather do.

Always and Forever, 
Mommy













6 comments:

Emily said...

Maybe one of your best posts...ever. He is one of the most special boys I have ever known. I love how sweet, thoughtful, genuine, and innocent he is. There is just something about him- he is destined for greatness.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That's awesome!

Elizabeth said...

Oh Amy, your mommy's heart is so tender and precious. I love this post! Jack is blessed to have someone who cherishes him so.

Ila Brook said...

Oh my, for the love of your little boy.... nothing better.

Amanda said...

I agree with Emily -- this post rises to the top. So sweet, so tender, so genuine. Your love for your babies is so precious. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Mama Jeannie said...

Keep this treasure in a safe place. Jack will read it often and feel his mommy's hug every time he does. I love you sweet sweet Mama Amy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails