Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What To Do?

In a week, Corey and I are going to New Orleans.  He is going to a conference, and I am tagging along to enjoy his hotel room and a break from real life.  I am really excited about getting away for the weekend with my guy.  It has been a while and it is very much needed!  

Holing up in a hotel room with a good book, a tub for a hot bath, and a bed for long nap is a little slice of heaven to me, but just in case I get bored... What do you recommend I do while he is at meetings and I am not.  (either in the hotel or in the French Quarter).  Any great book recommendations?  Also, for those of you that know New Orleans... What things are a "must see" for Corey & I to do together?  Restaurants?  Sights?  We won't have a lot of time, but we want to see all that we can while we are there.  I will look things up online, but I wanted some first-hand-insight if anyone has any.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Fun for you! All I remember about NO is the intense humidity. So, bring curly hair products and don't bother trying to straighten your hair or you'll end up frustrated.
Have a restful time!

Elizabeth said...

Never been, and really want to go. Just enjoy girl!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I like New Orleans a lot! Hordes of history in the French Quarter ... you'll love taking photos of the architecture, the wrought iron, the statues. The Audubon Zoo was in the top 5 in the U.S. Not sure if it still is since Katrina but it used to be great! Mother's is a great place for lunch in the French Quarter ... their po'boys are world famous. Almost like a warehouse in there. You have to have cafe au lait and beignets at Cafe Du Monde (F.Q.) ... it's a famous stop and you can't miss it. Even the cemeteries there are neat. You should take a ride on the St. Charles Streetcar ... over 150 years old. You'll love the city! And a book: I'm reading The Year of Fog by Michelle Richmond and it's really good.

Have fun!

Amanda said...

I know what you could do for entertainment. You could sneak your friend Amanda on board with you, and she would keep you entertained for a good two or three days, easy.

Seriously, I have no idea what to do. N.O. is another place I've always wanted to visit, but like Randi said, since Katrina, who knows what to expect? You're going to have to let us all know what it's like.

Mama Jeannie said...

Amy, I'm so glad you and Corey are getting to go on this little trip. You will come back refreshed I'm sure and your kids will do great. Wish we could be with them. I guess they'll be over at Em's house? Grandma and Grandad have been to N.O. so you might ask them what they remember about it.

Shanan & Shannon said...

you have to read The Shack - Christian fiction. It's incredible - it's a page turner and I promise you will love it. Everyone needs to read it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails