Thursday, April 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Emily!

Today is my baby sister's birthday.  She is 5 years younger than me, and we didn't have a lot in common when we lived under the same roof.  I remember after I was married, and she would come spend Spring Breaks and weeks in the summer with me.  Our friendship began.  Since that time, we have shared uncountable life experiences.  Some good, some bad, some great... some that were all of those things wrapped into one.  Through all of those times, we have developed a friendship that I treasure.  She knows me.  I know her.  I am blessed and thankful that she is one of my dearest friends... and my sister. 

Em ~ I love you!  Happy Birthday!

6 comments:

Emily said...

I love you too!

Corey Powell said...

Happy Bday Em. - Remember that time that you and I were hiking the Appalachian Trail, remember that Park Ranger, ha, you are crazy my friend, good times.

Elizabeth said...

AW...sweet post Amy. Happy Birthday Em!

Mama Jeannie said...

I praise God for how you love your sister and your friend Amy. The love you kids share is every mother's dream I'm sure. Happy birthday Emily Joy Selke Kavalich. I love you so much!

Mama Jeannie said...

Tell me the story about the park ranger Corey. I don't remember hearing that one. :0)

Amanda said...

You two are so sweet. I'll go tell her happy b-day. And hey, I want to hear the park ranger story. Who's gonna tell it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails