Saturday, April 12, 2008

Remembering Brooks

1 year ago today we got the call that our nephew had been in a fatal car accident.  Words cannot express the way that day... and the next several... felt.  The roller-coaster.  The tears.  The sadness.  The innocence that was lost.  The reality.  The finality.  The heartbreak.  It was unimaginable.  It still is.  I cannot come up with words to express how I feel right now...


We remember.  We always will.  We miss you.  The sweet way that you played with our kids, the one-of-a-kind humor that you had, your calm and quiet personality.  You were a good kid.  A really good kid.  There is a hole in our family where you belong.  We love you.  

Until Heaven, Brooks...

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow, I can't believe it's been a year. I totally remember when that happened. I have friends who live near Meridian and they even told me about it. He was a loved kid for sure.

Praying for you all today.

Amanda said...

Friend, I'm sorry for your loss. I know how it impacted you. Thinking of you...

Emily said...

It is just too sad. I am so sorry that you all had to go through such a tragedy. I have said a few prayers for Mack and Micki over the last couple of days, I cannot imagine what they are going through today. I love you guys!

Mama Jeannie said...

Amy, tragedy marks a person, a family for life, doesn't it? Trying to hold on, but having to let go. No words to describe that kind of deep emotion. Praise God we do not grieve as those who have no hope. I'm glad I can say with you... yes and Amen! Until heaven Brooks... and all those we have loved here on earth and who have gone home before us. What an exciting reunion we have yet to experience on that day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails