Sunday, April 13, 2008

OHHklahoma - Where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains

Remember that song?  

We went to Oklahoma for part of the weekend.  Jack & Corey went to spend some time with his brother and Cooper, Allie, & I went to see my sister and her family.  The Tulsa crew (the guys) went golfing and to a Drillers baseball game.  Jack had a great time hanging out with his Uncle Mack and being one of "the guys", and hopefully they were able to bring Mack some happiness on a really sad day.  The McAlister crew (the girls & the babies) squeezed as much fun into one day as possible.  Friday morning, we went to town and braved an antique store and a thrift store (with kids in tow - which was actually really fun), ate lunch, came home for a nap (me too!  awww!), visited a friend of Sara's, played outside, made Allie's favorite dinner (Sassy's enchiladas), went to a late movie to see Nim's Island, and watched a news-show on TV (I love those!)  Just being with Sara and her family is such a treat - even if it was for a short amount of time.  We can all just relax in the country and be together when we are at the camp. I love it!  And Cooper and Asher are really starting to play well together.  We can't wait until summer when we will definitely go back again!

Oh, and yes - the wind was sweepin' down the plains!  It was much cooler than I expected! 
Asher found his daddy's screw driver.  It kept him busy for half an hour.
Cooper LOVED Asher's soccer ball... and his yard!

My sweet Allie... she is always such a good helper with the little cousins.

6 comments:

Sara said...

I'm actually checking blogs on my computer...so I can comment. Yea! I loved having y'all here! And I love the pictures. LYLAS!!!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Sounds like a fun time!

Emily said...

Fun Times

Elizabeth said...

Good old Oklahoma! Glad you had fun.

Mama Jeannie said...

What a fun week you guys had! I'm so thankful you and Corey had sibling time and that it was so valuable. I know Mack must have enjoyed Corey and Jack being there and that having them with him had to have ministered to his hurting heart. Feeling loved and cared for is so important. I lovedthe pictures too Amy. :0)

Jenny said...

Looks like Coop and Asher are going to be good buds. Glad you got some Sara time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails