Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Stop And Smell The Irises

Yesterday something appeared at my house that had not been here the day before.  An Iris.  Just one.  It is really pretty.  It makes me think of my Granny... she always had Irises growing in her garden.  I never thought of them as "beautiful", but they were "her".  Today, I find this flower to be beautiful.  It is the only splash of color in the midst of a backyard full of toys and weeds and overgrown grass.  It appeared - not because of anything that I had done to it or any attention that I had given it - but because God wanted to give me a bright spot in my day.  


Thanks God!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Okay, that's so interesting you would post about this. I passed a house with irises yesterday and it totally made me think of my Grandma Shelton. She always had these growing at her house. I miss her.

Ila Brook said...

I have very fond memories of irises, too. They were also my first "gardening" experience- a good starter flower, if one is so inclined. That is a really pretty color, too. I'm glad this one showed up to brighten your day. :-)

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Very pretty and how neat that it reminded you of something so sweet!

Emily said...

Beautiful indeed. I love and miss Granny and the iris is so her.

Related Posts with Thumbnails